Surprise

Veronica's POV

I looked myself over in the mirror as I got ready for my date with Jared.

I'm wearing a pink dress that goes down to my knees. It's lacy on the shoulders and is super comfy but also looks very elegant. I looked down at my black heelboots.

I walkes over to my bed and grabbed my phone just as I got a text. It was a text from Jared saying that he was going to be a little late.

I was about to respond when the front door rang. I dropped my phone down on my bed and ran to the front door. I opened it and started talking immediately, automatically thinking it was Jared. "I thought you said-" I stares but cut myself off when my eyes landed on Riker standing on my porch.

I stared at him for a couple seconds and he stared right back at me. After a minute of staring, I gathered my words and spoke. "What are you doing here?" I asked quietly but loud enough that he could hear me.

"I miss you." He said. "Breaking up with you was the dumbest thing I've ever done." He grabbed both of my hands in his.

"Will you go back out with me?" He asked.

My eyes widened before I pulled my hands out of his. "No." I told him which placed a frown of confusion and sadness on his face. "I'm with someone else now." I admitted.

That's when I saw Jared's car pulling up to the house. I looked back at Riker who looked heartbroken at the moment. "I'm sorry." I said before shutting the front door and walking passed Riker.

I approached Jared's car and got in the passenger side. I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I wasn't going to let them fall.

"Is everything okay?" I heard Jared ask.

"Yeah," I replied. "can we just go?" After I said that he started the car and drove off.

Before we completely drove away from my house though, I looked back. I saw Riker standing on the sidewalk with a look of determination on his face.

And that's how I knew that he wasn't going to give up trying to get me back.