The Date

Ross' POV

The reason why I'm giving Dustin another chance is because I know that it wasn't his fault and I know how terrible he feels.

Ok, it was his fault. But as much as I hate to admit it, he was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing. He didn't have control over his actions.

And I know that he feels terrible because he hasn't tried anything to get me back. I know Dustin and when he won't talk or won't try to fix things, he's either really hurt or feels terrible about what happened.

So, I'm giving him one chance.

On this date, I want him to explain everything that happened and why. And then when he's done, I'll decide if I'm going to stay with him or not.

And good thing, it stopped snowing. So not only will it be easy to take Dustin out on a date, but if I decide I want to leave, I can.

Dustin's POV

I'm so nervous for this date tonight. If I say one thing wrong, he will never forgive me. He'll leave me. I don't want to lose him.

I just hope I don't mess this up.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. I looked over just as Ross poked his head in. "Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said as I stood up.

I walked out of the room and started down the stairs, Ross following behind me. "You look good." I heard him compliment me from behind. I was wearing a purple button-up shirt, white skinny jeans, and cream colored vans.

"Thanks." I said as I reached the bottom of the stairs and turned around to him. He was wearing a red v-neck, blue jeans that were hanging low on his hips, and white high-tops. "You don't look too bad yourself."

He smirked as he reached the bottom of the stairs. "I always look good." I smiled and he smiled back, before his face went blank. "Let's go." He said in a monotonous voice.

He walked to the door and I followed behind him. He opened it and let me through first. I walked out and...tripped over snow. I fell into a giant pile of snow and heard Ross laughing.

Oh, really? He thinks this is funny? Ok.

Before he could even react, I put my foot behind his knee and pulled it forward. He fell right next to me, face first in the snow.

I started laughing even though I was freezing cold. He laughed too.

"Do you just want to have our date here?" He asked, his laughter dying down.

I smiled. "Sure."

That's how we ended up in my kitchen, cooking spaghetti and meatballs. I was stirring the spaghetti while Ross made the meatballs.

He finished them and came up behind me. "Excuse me." He said as I moved out of the way of the oven. He put the tray of raw meat in and started the oven.

He stood up and looked at the spaghetti in the pot that I was stirring. "You're doing it all wrong." He said as he put his arm around me and grabbed the spoon, my hand in his larger one. He started stirring faster. "If you want good spaghetti, you have to stir fast. Because then they're all chopped up in pieces."

I made a face. "Ew." I said while trying to slow the stirring, with no prevail since he's stronger than me. "Who wants tiny up noodles? Noodles that are long and can be slurped up are so much better."

He chuckled in my ear. "That's what she said." He said.

I gasped and turned around. "That's disgusting."

"You're the one who said it."

I stared at him for a couple second before dipping my finger in the jar of sauce on the counter and poking him I'm the nose. I smirked as he gaped.

"You did not just do that." He said while approaching me, with a devious smile on his face.

I tilted my head to the side. "I think I did." I replied.

His smiled grew as he grabbed the sauce and dipped his hand in it, throwing a chunk of sauce of me afterwards.

I gasped while grabbing the leftover raw meat on the counter and throwing it at him.

"Ew! That's gross!" He yelled while trying to duck the flying meat. I looked down at the counter to grab more meat but there was no more.

He kept his head down for a few more seconds before slowly looking up at me and smirking. He grabbed the sauce and was about to throw more when I put my hands up. "Truce!" I shouted.

He smiled and put the jar down. He walked towards me and out his arms around my waist and his face right against mine. "I forgive you." He said which had me smiling like an idiot.

"But," he said. "I want you to tell me exactly what happened. Please."

I nodded my head and then told him everything.