Chapter Eight--His Backstory

Stampys POV

Just before we escape from the castle I noticed something odd. It was a thick, leather-bound book with a gold spine. When I lifted it up it was extremely heavy. I opened up the cover and bruised the thin layer of dust off from the cream pages. Inside was neat, small neat words written in black. And with a date at the top. Was this...HitTheTargets diary?! I glanced around me. Good. Nobody was here. Even Squid and Pearl weren't here. It wasn't because they had gone missing or anything, they were just on a mission to find the bathrooms. As, according to Pearl, all of her stuff had been dumped there, and Squid just needed to find one as soon as possible.

At the top if the page, it said: June 14th 2000. It had to be his diary, right? I couldn't help but carry on reading. I mean, Squid said to wait here. And I couldn't do nothing right? Or else I would be bored out of my mind! And it wouldn't do any harm? I mean, HitTheTarget wouldn't care less if I knew his backstory. I sat down on the cold floor and rested the book on my lap. It hurt my eyes slightly, as I had no glasses, yet his writing was quite easy to read.

"June 14th 2000

Something terrible has happened. My...My home city...It got blown up by the pesky Ender Dragon! It just...Blew everything up! Nearly everybody I knew died! Apart from this one girl, Pearl. My little sister. She was 4 months old! Just 4 months! I'm trying my best to protect her, but the horrible, horrible new guard known as Blizzard is trying to get her into the other world. I won't let him! The other world is cruel, and merciless. The process of transporting her there could kill her! Yet they won't even let me go! Ugh! I hate hate hate hate him!

I somehow managed to steal this massive hardback notebook from a nice townsman known as Squiderz. He and his horse, arrow, are amazing! They're trying to defend this town from further damage from the Ender Dragon. But even he can't stop him. That's alone at least! So that's why, once Pearl is a bit older, I'm going to train to defeat the dragon! And get our town back!"

The page had several tear stains along it. But that didn't bother me. What did bother me though was his backstory. HitTheTarget used to be nice? I mean, everybody starts out nice and all, but his backstory is tragic! And...And was Pearl his sister? His little sister that he tried to protect? The name 'Squiderz' was also familiar. It's the name Squid had in his Skyrim let's play, and his horses name was arrow as well.

The 'other world' HitTheTarget was talking about must've been our life. Not the minecraft world. So...Did Pearl get transported to the real world? There's no other explanation really. That did explain why he wanted her back so much, yet why did he hate me? Was it because I was trying to protect Pearl? Well, I hardly knew her up until know, and he's attacked me before. Was it because I could've been this 'Blizzard' guy, who sent her into the real, horrible, tragic world? Ugh, so many questions. And this book was about 500 pages long! This must've been when he was around six, up until know. Maybe if I read on more questions would be answered.

Squid and Pearl came running around the corner, Squid holding his diamond sword and Pearl holding her ender pearl. It only took them a few seconds to see the book. And a few more to question it. I debated whenever or not to show Pearl the truth, and that she was HitTheTargets little sister. But I decided to wait till we got home, and tried my best to change the subject.

"Oh, I think it's HitTheTargets diary. I'll read it when I get home. Anyway, did you find the bathroom alright?" I asked, stepping back onto the hard netherrack. Before he could reply a fireball came flying towards us. I just managed to dodge it without sling to many hearts. Typical nether.

"Yea, it was pretty far believe it or not. And there was only a woman's restroom. But I honestly was so desperate that I didn't care. So...HitTheTarget had a diary hey?" Dammit. Changing the subject was hard, at least for me.