Chapter Five--Mining gone wrong

Stampys POV

It felt weird with this girl follwing me around. Whenever I looked back she was either fighting off mobs that haven't burnt or just holding the ender pearl she possessed. I was honestly worried about her. She's been brought up by HitTheTarget for the whole of her freaking life! She's never been to school, so I don't know of she can do simple subjects such as maths. Not going to school also meant that she may not have no social skills what so ever. Pearl has never been out with friends, her parents, or anybody. She might have been out with HitTheTarget a few times, but that probably didn't go down well.

For the most of the journey though the forest biome, I had no idea what to say to her. I didn't want to ask about her past, as it was...Well....Most likely absolutely terrible. Yet I didn't want to talk about my past, as that's just...boring really. Anyway, the reason we were travelling was because we were finding a mind which we could get some stuff for the nether. Yes, we did decide to go to the nether. My one and only concern is that it would kill us. I have died multiple times in the nether before and that was on freaking peaceful. So to actually go in their, with our real bodies...Ugh. It just sends shivers down my spine.

As the forest panned out into a half snowy, half water biome, I almost dropped into a massive gap. You know, one of those huge mines you get. I actually did fall down, yet I somehow managed to grab onto a stone block to stop me falling to my very certain death. Of course, having no upper body strength at all, it only took me around 30 seconds before I started panicking.

I could feel my hands burning hardly against the hard stone. There was also a small cut on the back of my hand where my stone pickaxe landed as soon as I fell. It was now down at the bottom of the monsterous drop, probably burned up by the freaking lava that flowed below me.

"Pearl! C-Could you help me?!" I yelled. My hand started to slip. "Pearl!?" I yelled even louder. I could die now...I couldn't. By now I was hanging on by my fingers only. She came running over, panic spread across her face.

"Uhh...Think, think...Oh! Hang on a few more seconds!" She ran off. I squeezed my eyes tightly, feeling a slight burning sensation. In the distance I could hear the sound of wood breaking. What the heck was she doing? Suddenly, my arm just gave up. And I fell. My hand was no longer holding onto the stone. Instead of trying to find another surface to land or hold onto, my body just fell down. Straight towards the lava. That's when I saw a thin string in from of me. Without any hesitaion I grabbed onto it. The quick stop sent a strange sensation though my spine, which hurt quite a bit.

I glanced upwards. Standing right on the edge of this huge drop, was Pearl. In her shaking hands she held a fishing rod. She was pretty strong though, considering how much I weighed. I knew I didn't weigh that much, only around 9 or 10 stone, but it was still shocking.

"Hey! Hold on, I'll pull you up!" She said, automatically doing so. As my body slowly got higher and higher, I noticed there were tons of ores we could mine. It might have just been me, but I swear I even saw freaking dimond ores.

Eventually, Pearl managed to pull me back up to the grass block level. Never in all my life I was so glad to see the texture of a grass block. Maybe once or twice when I was playing, yet my actual life was probably on the line here.

"T-Thanks...Y-You really saved me.." I said, already out of breath. "Anyway, wanna keep on going?" She nodded, and we carried on walking. I would've gone down the massive drop, but I don't think I would be able to take it.

At long last, we eventually found a slightly safe cave. It's the safest a cave in minecraft could get. There were gogglies, lots of them, or course there was, but with my rubbish wooden sword and with Pearls ability to spawn lava everywhere, they dies quickly. The only problem with the cave though was that it ended at around level 30, which really sucked. We got the tiniest bit of gold, but let me tell you, we got tons upon tons of iron ore. Which we quickly crafted into armor, swords, and pickaxes.

For the armor we got leggings and a chest plate each. We had some spare so I decided to make myself some iron boots. Which probably were the most uncomfortable thing in the world. They were like wearing bricks on your feet. They were heavy, hard, and they were so small they probably were giving me the worst blisters in the world. At least it was something though. As we crawled out of the cave, it was becoming night, and the goggiles were spawning like mad. Quickly, me and Pearl started sprinting like mad. Luckily, she already had black and green converses, so she wouldn't have to cope with the pain of square shoes. While we were sprinting away, I questioned her ability to spawn lava. Among other things.

"I was born with it. You see, when I was one, in the real world, I got into a gas explosion while me and my mother were at HitTheTargets house. He was a family friend. But you see...He planned that explosion. He put chemicals in the gas that would either effect me or my mother. It effected me...So...When I was two, he just took me from my house and put me in this horrible, horrible world." She said, panting slightly.

"So...What kind of powers do you have?" I asked.

"I can spawn lava with just thinking about it, I can sometimes fly, I can hold my breath for up to two whole days underwater, I can ride any animal and I can kill anybody...But I have a tendency to like nice people..." She blushed slightly looking away. I could help but feel slightly warm inside.

"Thanks." I replied. "Anyway, let's get outta here." As we turned the corner, we could see Squid. Chained up against the side of the house. Standing in front of him, was the disgusting person known as HitTheTarget. Just looking at Squid I knew he had been there for a long time. Sweat was running down his face, his legs were shaking like mad, and a few tears had stained his cheeks. Carefully, I pulled out my iron sword, went up behind him, and went to attack, when he turned around and pounced on me.

..................................

Hope you enjoyed!