Chapter Six--To The Nether

Stampys POV

My eyes opened quickly as I glanced around...Inside our minecraft house? Was the whole thing with HitTheTarget...Just a dream? I slowly sat up, a small could of fog filling my head. Once my mind cleared ever so slightly I swung my feet over the low down, hard wood bed and onto the half wood half wool floor. I was just about to stand up when Squid walked in carrying a diamond sword.

"Looks like you woke up, anyway, in about 10 minutes or so we're going to the nether. Do you think you're up for it?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Wha-What happened to me? I remember climbing out of the ravine like mine, talking to Pearl, and when I turned the corner, I saw HitTheTarget attacking you! Then, when I went to hit him with my sword...He pounced on me and then...I-I woke up! Tell me..." I explained the best I could. It was hard though, considering a constant booming was in my head.

"Well...Thats all wrong. When you fell into the ravine, Pearl tried to get you with a fishing rod. At you grabbed onto it, it snapped, because it was so weak, and you fell to the bottom and almost died. She came running back to me. Oh it was awful. Tears were streaming down her face, she was shouting and screaming...I had to calm her down before she told me. When we turned up to the ravine, we managed to mine our way down, grab you, and walk home. She started talking a bit about her powers and stuff, and then we stumbled back upon our house. So..Yea.." He replied.

"She did talk about her powers when...When I was unconscious..." I said truthfully. "Maybe it's because my hearing started to come back or something. Anyway, I'll get prepared." Very carefully I pulled myself upwards and opened up the double chest. Inside, was a very limited supply of food. Normally I would leave it for Pearl, but the small hunger bar in the corner of my vision was running dangerously though. Not only that, but I haven't eaten...Like anything since I got here. I was always known at the 'skinny' person at school, but the truth it, I always loved food. It was like I loved food but food didn't live me. Sighing, I grabbed two porkchops and did my best to eat them. It was quite hard though. It was like eating ham with no meat on.

When I walked outside, the first thing I saw was the blinding sunlight. It didn't really help my pounding head. The second thing I saw was the nether portal. It looked terrifying up close. The obsidian felt too hard underneath my hands, and the odd, purple, shape, kind of sheet was boiling hot. Seriously. When I walked past it the heat felt like I was getting a cup of tea poured on my hands.

"Stampy! You're...You're alive! I...I'm sorry! I thought that you were gonna die...I.." Pearl said, running up to me. There were still tear-stains on her cheeks. Gently, I used my thumb to wipe them away. "You..You're not mad?"

"Why would I be?" I replied, wrapping my arms around her. Pearls body felt scarily skinny, as if nothing was there. And it felt like it was constantly shaking. Yet the strangest thing was the slight hot spot right in the middle of her back. My first thought it that it was the caller. When I pulled away Squid started yelling, telling us he was ready to go into the nether. "Coming!" I yelled. "Let's go!" With that me, Squid and Pearl jumped though the purple sheet of hotness. For some peculiar reason it wasn't as hot as it was when I walked past it. The actual transportation felt like a warm towel that had just come out the tumble dryer wrapping itself tightly around me.

Suddenly, we were all thrown out onto the netherrack. The texture of the pinky-red blocks felt quite rough. Like sand almost. Without any warning a large ball of fire got shot towards me, burning a small section of my shirt. Two hearts when black in the corner of my vision. Dammit. This is where I would probably die. Another fireball. And another one. When I saw the fourth one being thrown at me I took my iron sword out from my sword carrying belt, lifted it up, and swung at it. The ball of fires don't flying back the way it came from. Along with the sound of a ghasts shrieks seconds later.

We all didn't stick around for long. We ran though the nether, trying to find some blazes to get blaze rods. We needed them to make the eyes of ender. So we could go to the end and defeat the dragon, and get his egg. We could then go back home in the real world. Hopefully not to many days would have passed. It could still be the same day for all we know.

As we turned the corner the first thing we saw was the deep purple bricks, symbolising one of those nether dungeons or whatever they're called. One things for sure though, is that every one contained a spawner. There was a problem though. We could really get to it unless we did some nightly dangerous parkcore. I felt a small sinking feeling in my stomach. I was always the worst at parkcore, and that was in video games. Heck, I almost broke my leg from jumping down two stairs. TWO STAIRS. So jumping across burning lava, on so little blocks absolutely terrified me.

"I'll...I'll go first. Stampy goes second, Pearl goes last. Let's do this." Squid mumbled. Gingerly, he jumped onto the first netherrack block, his gut slamming into it. "Ouch..That hurt." He said, scrambling upwards. He then jumped to the next block, the exact same events happening. Somehow, he managed to get to the dungeon in one piece. Now it was my turn...Here it goes!

I jumped to the first block, missing it entirely and just about managing to grab onto the second block. I could easily pull myself up, as my slightly bitten nails could dig into the cracks in the rough surface. It was just the height that scared me. For some stupid reason I dared to look down. I wished I didn't. There was lava everywhere, bubbling like crazy. My upper arm tensed itself up as if to pull me up, when the block itself got mined and I fell towards the lava. I screamed out in fear, hoping that some kind of miracle would happen.

Much to my shock a kind of miracle did happen. My body hit some netherbrick extremely hard. The jolt of pain that rushed though my sent two single tears down my face. That's when somebody pulled me up and started, not really dragging me, but pulling me over to...To the mob Spawner! At first I thought it was Squid or Pearl managing to jump down and save me...Until I saw his face....That evil face. It was HitTheTarget!

From behind me, I could hear a cry. I glanced around. It was Pearl! My hand reached out at if to grab her but HitTheTarget pulled me backwards, making sure to drop me right next to the Spawner. The mobs flew right over my head, not even seeing me laying there. My heart was pumping so hard I could feel it though my clothes.

"Stampy! Just find Squid and get outta here! Leave me be! Don't worry! Just survive and you'll escape eventually!" Pearl screamed, managing to grab my hand. I grabbed onto it, not letting go for anything.

"No! You're coming with us! Once you get the dragon egg you can stop all of this! Then, back in the real world! You can live with us if you want!" I yelled over the sounds of all the mobs.

"Give..Her...Back.." HitTheTarget whispered, before grabbing Pearl in his arms and running away. Tears started rolling down like mad, and they wouldn't stop. Questions started running though my head. Was this my fault!? Could I have stopped him from coming? What if me and Squid left her behind? Wouldn't it have been safer? Putting those questions aside for a very small amount of time, I managed to think one thing. That I was gonna get her back.

....................................................

Hope you enjoyed!