Chapter Three--Just Trying To Live

Stampys POV

When we eventually got to a small island, we both climbed up on the only tree that stood there. All the goggiles had gathered around the trunk. It was good none of them could climb. The only thing I was worried about was the skellys. At any moment one could point an arrow at us, make us fall, and then the gogglies would literally kill us. If this was happening in an game, like, I was behind my tv screen, then I would've just jumped down and try my best to kill them. And if I did die, I'll just respawn. Yet with HitTheTarget involved in this, I have a bad feeling this was just like hardcore mode.

I glanced over at Squid, who was sitting down, with his legs dangling over the edge of the tree. It was hard to to shout at him there and then. What if the freaking gogglies got him? A zombie could easily jump up slightly, grab his leg, and pull him down.

"Squid! Stop dangling your legs over the edge of the freaking tree! A zombie could get you!" I said. He nodded slightly and shifted backwards.

"Anyway, we need to,start thinking...About how to build a house. HitTheTarget is bound to come back, so we need at least a fort to protect us. And who knows how long we'll be trapped here." Squid replied, standing up. Just as he did so, an arrow went so close to his face it left a tiny, straight cut. "Crap..." He squatted down slightly, peering over the edge.

He was right though. We had to build a house for us to live in. Who knows how long we will be here. My main worry is that we will never leave this place. And we would be trapped in minecraft forever. Ugh, maybe if we didn't go out that night, into the garden, me and Squid, then he may have got us another day. Or we could've looked out an window and come up with a plan to kill him. But it was too late for that know. We were trapped in minecraft, monsters were trying to kill us, HitTheTarget was ALSO trying to kill us, and I was freezing. Oh, and my bladder was still full.

Coming from below us, the growls suddenly stopped. Wait...They were burning! I looked behind me. There was a red, square sun that was slowly rising. Everything apart from the two creepers burnt. It felt amazing to finally be back in the ground. Despite being completly bare foot. Me and Squid really needed to find some iron so we would make ourselves some boots at least. Hopefully there'll be enough for armor too. Any things better than what I'm wearing now. Even with the jeans, they just made my feel uncomfortable. I always hated stuff that showed off my body. It...It doesn't matter now though. What we needed to be worried about is how the heck we would make a house.

In minecraft, to start making wood, you need trees. And without tools, all you do is punch them. Yet when my shoulder accidentally scraped against one of the trees, it hurt like hell. Squid did a sudden stop, which also made me stop. He walked over to the tree we were just camping on and punched it. He just...Just punched a tree. Not much to my shock he jumped back. He clutched his hand tightly. Sighing, I walked over to him, gently grabbed his hand and started looking at it. His knuckles were mainly black from bruises, while a few tiny spots of red blood came out of his fingers. It must've hurt a lot though.

"Stampy...I don't think I can't do this! I can't live in this place anymore! We...We won't be able to survive! We can get water...But what about food? I can hardly punch a tree, let alone a living animal. And...And we're gonna die here." He whispered. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. I felt awful watching him cry, as if it was somehow my fault.

"Hey, chin up. We'll be fine. It's minecraft after all! Our bodies will just adapt to it right?" I said, smiling. It was kinda true though. Yea, it was a bit scary. Not being able to leave. But we could just relax when it was daytime, right?

"I...I guess....Ugh, let's try this again." Squid mumbled, walked over to the tree. He shakily lifted his already slightly damaged fist up and started punching the tree. A small 'ahhh' escaped from his mouth, but apart from that he managed to get one block of wood. "Now...How to we change it into planks?" He asked. That was one of the things which I had no idea how he was gonna do it. I couldn't see anything we could use. The only thought was to use a crafting table but we needed planks to craft it.

At that moment, a sign suddenly spawned in front of us. I quickly read it over. On it, it read: In a few seconds, you'll see how.' What did that mean? Was a crafting table going to be placed? I was about to question it further when something flashed up in the corner of my vision. It was 10 bright red hearts. Next to it was 10 chicken-leg looking things. Then, in the bottom left corner, was a button that read 'open.' I soon realised that it was all the buttons of the xbox minecraft. It was weird though. It was just...in front of me. When my finger 'pressed' the green A button, a menu popped up. It was the crafting menu! In my inventory, I saw two wooden logs. Squid must've thrown them to me. I moved my hands and placed the blocks where they needed to be. Before I knew it I had 8, polished oak planks.

"Maybe it will be alright." Squid said, placing a hand in my shoulder. "I mean, once we find you some shoes, make an house, and add a bed, we might just be okay. Then we will beg for HitTheTarget to come and we can ask him a few...questions..." We both laughed and jumped back into the water. I still wasn't used to how cold it was. Lucky there was a huge island so nearby we didn't three blocks deep. (The Water only went down two blocks...if that makes any sense).

When we placed our feet on the land I only just realised out badly I needed to use a bathroom. It was kinda a pain, not having toilets in minecraft. If you wanted to 'make' one you had to use either a cauldron, or some white wool.

"Hey squid?" I said, facing him.

"Yea?" He replied.

"Uh...I'm going to check this little forest out...And...And I kinda have to pee so yea..." It felt kinda embarrassing, saying that to one of my best friends. I mean, he kinda already knew. I casually mentioned it when we were running away from the gogglies, but I don't think he took much notice. Sighing, I wandered into the forest biome, being careful to not go to far, but not stay so close that he could see me...going. Once I relived myself in the most uncomfortable way ever, by squatting down by a rectangle tree, I trudged back. Luckily Squid was still there, cleaning his face in the water.

"Hey, look. Here's the plan. We're gonna build the walls, and later today, find some sheep." He said. I nodded in agreement. "Let's start!"

As we were almost finished placing all the blocks, a girl came walking up to us. She looked extremely young. Around 13 maybe. Did HitTheTarget capture her as well? She couldn't be partnered up with him!? Right? She didn't look evil at all. Her skin had a slight tone to it, indicating she was mixed race. Her hair was silky black, while her eyes....Her eyes where purple...Was she some kind of...Ender Girl?

..........................................

Hope you enjoyed!