Chapter One--The Start

Stampys POV

I woke up at around 10:00 by the sound of my phone buzzing. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and glanced down at the vibrating, thin, black brick. In bright white letters, it read: 'Squiddy! :>'. A small smirk appeared on my face. I loved squid so much, he always made me laugh no matter what. And he was coming over today! We were recording a special video and I could hardly wait. My phone buzzed again, snapping me out of my thoughts. My finger jabbed the 'answer' button and I placed it next to my ear. The first thing I heard was the sound of a car horn honking.

"Hello?" I said in a high-pitched voice.

"Hi Stampy, I just wanted to call to say that-OH." Squid yelled some extremely bad words at I guess another driver. "Sorry, there's a massive traffic jam. Anyway I just wanted to say that I might be a bit late. Considering the traffic and all."

"Don't worry, I've just got up." I said, laughing. Squid sniggered slightly.

"Oh, damm Stampy. I thought you said you were gonna get up earlier!" He replied.

"I know. I know. Anyway, see you in. A bit."

"See you in a bit." The second before I hanged up I could hear squid cursing loudly and honking his horn. He gets easily annoyed in cars. Once when we were going to a gaming convention a truck pulled out in front of us and he raged so much it ended with an actual street fight in the middle of the freaking motorway. It was so embarrassing, yet laughable at the same time. We were lucky we drove away just before the actual police came.

I placed my phone back on my small bedside table and stumbled to the bathroom where I did the normal morning stuff. Just like everyday. Something was slightly weird though. The shower water was slightly colder than usual, and when I did manage to get it onto a warm temperature, it suddenly dropped back down to freezing. This, of course, gave me a large shock. It would probably give everybody a shock. One minute you're washing your hair in warm water then the next you're slipping on the small cubicle and almost freezing to death.

After the slightly traumatic experience I walked back into my bedroom to see that I had a new message on my phone. I was expecting it to be from Squid, saying something like he was nearby or something. Yet it wasn't. It was from an unknown number. If I was actually smart, I wouldn't read it at all. In my mind I had a feeling it was some stupid spam story, and that I should just delete it. But my finger still pressed on the 'open message' button. A small picture flashed up on screen. Gingerly, I dared to open it up. It was probably one of those scary things you see online where a face pops up.

The picture was a plain white...Wall? With red letters and numbers on it. I didn't even bother to read what it said. All I did manage to remember though was this: 'I 1'13 coming'. It was probably was one of those screamers. Maybe I'll ask squid about it when he comes.

Speaking of squid, just as I was putting my jumper on, there was a knock on the door. I quickly hopped down the stairs and ran towards the front door. My body almost lost control as I came to a halt. As I was wearing socks on a wooden floor, there was little to no friction.

"Hello!" I said, opening the door. Squid leaned against the door frame, looking rather....Worried. Wait...We must've got the message too! "Did you also get that message? The one with the numbers and letters?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yea, h-have you read what it said?" He replied.

"N-No...Why?" I was getting kinda terrified now. My mind was trying to tell me that everybody on this area must have got it, and it was some kind of joke or chain mail. Yet things like that always scared me.

"You see the numbers? It means a letter. For example, there are 26 letters in the alphabet. So, for example 'B' would be '2'. And so on. Now read it!" He explained. My mind was a bit fuzzy from all the letters and numbers, but I still tried my best to solve it. A few of the words were heard. But the overall message sent shivers down my spine.

"I am coming for you at midnight?! D-Do you think that's true?" I asked, leaning against the kitchen counter. I stared out into the small garden. Which was overgrown at the back with branches and grass. I would cut it, but the last time I tried there was a massive spiders nest there. And tons of long-legged, black hair spiders started crawling all over my legs. These spiders also could bite, but weren't poisonous. It still didn't stop me from spending an hour in the shower that night panicking at all the little blood spots.

"Well...It's kinda scary I guess. Have you been having any water issues? Like the water changing temperature changing or the toilet randomly flushing?" I nodded and started talking about the shower. Apparently when squid asked his next-door neighbour if they had been having problems, it turn edge out that he was the only one on the street with water problems. "Anyway, do you wanna start recording.?"

"Yea, let's start." I replied. So we both walked into my little recording room, sat down on the old and half broken wheelie chairs, and I pressed the 'record' button on my camera. You see we were going to a gaming event in America, and in this short video we were just talking about times we would be there and stuff. One of the things I did want to talk about was the plane ride there. Me and squid were planning on vlogging on the plane, yet now I wasn't so sure. As I have such an embarrassing secret. I'm terrified of planes. It's not the height that scares me, it's more the loud sounds, the fear of crashing, the turbulence, being absolutely terrifying thought of becoming lost in an airport. Which was bound to happen. Squid had to use the toilet when we were waiting for a train once, so after he walked off, a train came and herds of people walked out. I got so scared and confused I started walking in the direction they were coming and ended up on another platform. Even though I was 'lost' for about 10 minutes, I still cried out of fear. Ugh, I cringe thinking about it. Everybody must've thought I was weird.

"Stampy!" I felt my shoulder being shaken. It was only then I remembered we were recording. I must've turned silent or something. "Stampy?"

"Y-Yea?" I replied, turning to face the camera.

"We're recording." I turned to face the camera, laughing slightly. Squid pressed the button for probably the second time and we both started rambling on about the flight and stuff. It turned out that I was still to scared to admit my fear. Hopefully I could tell him later.

........................

Hope you enjoys this first chapter!