Chapter Four--The Girl

Stampys POV

The girl didn't say anything. She came up close to us, but for some weird reason, didn't notice us. She sat down on a dirt block and pulled out an ender pearl. It looked exactly the same as it did in the game. A dark green colour, with a strange shape in the middle. It looked kinda like an eye, yet Squid said that it was just a pattern of circles.

She stared down at the pearl in her hands. It seemed like she was...Crying? I wanted to go over to her and ask if she was alright, however the fear she may be working for that...That horrible monster known as HitTheTarget stopped me from doing so. This may be some kind of trap he set up. If she still doesn't leave when it gets dark then I'm just screaming for HitTheTarget to just send the girl away. He's bound to be near right? At that very moment, the girl stood up and actually walked over to us. What was even more shocking, is that she started talking.

"You guys are the ones he's been talking about...Aren't you?" She said. Her voice was sightly deeper than it should be for a girl. Yet she didn't sound manly in the slightest. "HitTheTarget? Right...He's planning to kill you...".

"Wait...Who the heck are you?" Squid asked. I could sense his voice rising a bit. I just hoped he wouldn't go mad and start shouting. At first I was slightly scared of her, but now...I think I may start to be trusting her. It was probably an extremely bad decision...Yet if anything happened to her which affected us is negative way, then...I can't just kill her? "Stampy." I jumped. Squid had placed his hand on the girls shoulder.

"Sorry, I-I was wrapped up in my thoughts." I mumbled.

"Anyway, she says her name Pearl. As in ender pearl. Apparently she too was kinda captured by HitTheTarget." He explained.

"He stole me from my mother when I was two, and I've been living in this world ever since. Sometimes I hop from this land to another one. Where I try and warn the person who owns it that HitTheTarget is after them. Normally by placing random arrows everywhere....That was your world...I'm...I'm sorry I couldn't help you. After every battle you had I tried to stop him...But it's my fault! It's all my fault you're in here!" She whimpered. Two tears slithered down the side of her face. She leaned against our disgrace of a house, pulled her knees up to her chest, and sobbed into them.

To be honest, neither me or Squid knew what to do. We have been around crying babies and children before, but other people were calming them down. Yet we hadn't got the foggiest of how to do it ourselves. Do you wait for he/she to stop? Or do you just their back or something? Squid gave me his best: What do we do' look. All I did was shrug. A few minutes later I did my best attempt of calming her down. Just before I sat down next to Pearl I whispered to Squid to get some extra supplies. As soon as he left I took a deep breath, and started talking.

"Hey...Hey listen...It's...it's not your fault. It isn't your fault in the slightest. You did a pretty good job at warning me. I knew something was up. It was just my stupid actions and thoughts that dismissed it. It's not your fault at all. Now...Now please don't cry. Come on, don't cry..." I said as calmly as I good. Her crying slowed down slightly, until it stopped. Her purple eyes met mine in a almost awkward way. Like the awkward eye contact you make with some random stranger.

"T-Thanks..." She mumbled, a small smiling appeared on her face. "It's just...Living here most of my life gets me worked up you know...I don't even know how the real world works."

"Trust me, it's bad. Even though there's no creepers roaming the place, it's still bad. At least in minecraft you can build yourself a decent house, when in real life if you have no home, you have no home, mate." I replied. Just then, Squid came out of the wood, holding a stone pickaxe in his hand. "Hey Squid, get anything useful?" I asked.

He sat crossed legged on the ground, and started laying out all the things he managed to get. Half a stack of pork chops, two whole stacks of torches, 3 ender pearls, and even a freaking iron and DIMOND pickaxe. Oh, and 14 blocks of obsidian. That's when I started to get confused. Were we actually trying to get to the end and complete the game? Because we couldn't really...Once we killed the dragon, all that would happen is that we would just leave the end. That's it. I was about to question it when Pearl said something that shocked us both.

"I can...can kill HitTheTarget..." She mumbled. At once I could see Squid getting angry. I have to admit. So was I. Why didn't she just kill him right now! Then we would be out of this game and go to the thing we wanted to go to.

"Why didn't you kill him already? Then none of this wouldn't have happened!" He yelled, grabbing her wrist.

"Because it will kill me! But if I have the egg from the ender dragon then I'll be able to kill him and you guys can go home!" Pearl screamed, trying to get away. But Squid was holding on so tightly there was a loud snapping sound, possibly signalling a broken bone. He slowly let go, shocked. When he was making no contact with her, you could see the damage that had happened. It didn't look pretty, that's all I'm saying.

"You...So you can kill him, but he'll kill you?" I asked. She nodded, one single tear slipping from her right eye.

"We have a bond. A literal bond. He calls it a caller. Mainly because when he wants to tell me something, the 'rope', which is now invisible, glows purple. So if he dies, the caller stops working. And if the caller stops working, so do I. It powers all my organs and such. But if I am holding the dragon egg, the baby dragons acid breath that's inside the egg makes me in control of my body. So once I'm on control, I can kill him. So that's why I'm begging you two, to get the egg. So we can all escape!" She told us. Her eyes practically pleaded with us.

"Yes." Squid said quickly. "Stampy?" I took a deep, deep breath, and shut my eyes tightly.

"Yes...Yes I will...I will kill the ender dragon, grab the egg, and kill that...That wretched HitTheTarget once and for all!

............................................

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry if it seemed slightly shorter, I'm using a different platform to write this on