-Blooming Iris Chapter 19-

Yes that's Shane to the right ------------------------------------------->

***

Iris' POV~

One minute I was listening to Richard's mother talking and the next I was being attacked.

"Oh my god! Iris is that you?" Shane exclaimed, crushing my body with all his might.

Who the heck is this? I never meet him in my life!

After he was done hugging me, he stared at me with his dazzling blue and brown eyes. Strange, why do they seem so familiar though? "Iris, don't you remember me?"

I don't think so, but his eyes... they look so familiar, where have I seem them before?

"Oh come on Iris, how could you forget about me?" he asked, eyes sparkling with hurt, his lips pouting. "I was your first crush, and best friend!"

Uh? First crush, best friend? What?

"Wow, way to make a guy cry," Shane said, eyes getting watery. "I can't believe you don't remember me. It's only been five years!"

Five years? "Maybe this might jog your memory," he said leaning closer and closer to my face. "The last day I saw you was when I was twelve years old, and you were eleven. I was in your room, and I told you I was moving to England. You begged me not to go, but I had to, so I gave you a goodbye kiss, and promised to come back for you." Cupping my chin, he brought my face closer to his, if that was even possible, since we were already so close. "Do you remember me now?" he asked, his hot breath tickling my face.

Then it hit me. Shane! How could I forget about him? No wonder why his eyes looked so familiar. We used to be best friends from Elementary school to Middle school before he moved. I admit, I had the biggest crush on him, but we never dated or anything - we were too young for that. When he told me he was moving, I couldn't believe it, and when he kissed me, I remembered blushing bright red, standing there in shock. I just couldn't believe he actually kissed me!

"S-s-s-hane?"

"Yes, you rem-"

"Iris... you just spoke," Richard said, voice fill with surprise, and... hurt?

"Of course she spoke, why wouldn't she?" Shane asked, moving away from me, turning his attention to Richard.

"Because she couldn't talk to anyone but me."

"Oh yeah, and why not?"

"Because-"

"Richard, Shane, both of you be quiet. I have no idea what's going on here, but can you please wait and talk after I'm done talking?" his mother asked, interrupting both of them.

"Yes mother," they both said in unison.

Giving Richard one last glance, Shane went back up stage, standing next to his father.

"Now, as I was saying before I got interrupted, George and I will be going to our honeymoon starting tomorrow and I will be known as Mrs. Anderson from now on."

"What, you're changing your name now?" Richard asked.

"Yes I am, it's long over due anyways, and before I forget, I need you to look after Shane when we're gone."

"Wait... what?" Richard, exclaimed, more like shouted at his mother.

"I need you to look after Shane when we're gone, it's just going to be one month, so it's not going to be so bad."

"One month?"

"Yes, one month."

"So what? Do I have to go to his house, and check up on him every hour or something?"