-Blooming Iris Chapter 26-

(Not Edited)

***

Iris' POV~

I stared at her, like she had two heads. Did she just said what I think she just said? She couldn't have, right? There's no way she's his fiancé! If she was, how come Richard never mentioned her before today? I thought, he liked me . . .  so why is he marrying Molly? A girl that came out of nowhere. 

"Well I can see you guys are in some shock," Molly spoke, turning her head from Shane, to look at me.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Shane huffed, crossing his arms across his chest. "I just found out my step-brother has a fiancée."

She smiled. "Shane, right?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with a stange emotion I couldn't quite catch since it was gone as fast as it appeared. 

Mmh, I wonder if Shane saw that?

"That would be me," he answered dryly.

Guess not.

"Nice to meet you then," she said sweetly, full of energy. "I guess we'll be in-laws soon."

He laughed, clearly not amused. "Don't count on it."

She rolled her eyes at him, her eyes landing back on me a second later. "And you must be Iris."

I nodded.

"They said you can't talk."

I wonder who 'they are'. It couldn't have been Richard right? 

I nodded again. It's not like I can't talk. I just choose not to talk, and right now, I don't want to talk to her. There's just something about her that I don't like.

"I guess what she said was true," she mumbled quietly, before her eyes glanced away from me, looking at no one in particular.

"It was nice meeting you guys, I guess . . ." She headed out into the hallway before she paused, and twisted her neck a bit, her green eyes staring straight at Shane.

"Oh your Dad told me to tell you, you're staying for another month. They're not coming home yet." And with that, she disappeared down the hall.

I stared blankly in that direction, my eyes focused on the wall, wishing she had never showed up.

Maybe this is jealously.

"Iris?"

I heard him, but I was too focus glaring daggers at the wall, wishing it was Molly.

"Iris!"

My lashes fluttered, as I turned my attention back to him. "Yeah?"

"Are you alright?" he asked concerned plastered on his face. 

"No," I replied truthfully. I wasn't. Not since she showed up.

"You really do like Richard."

If he had said that to me a few days ago, I wouldn't know how to response that, but now the answer was clear as day. I did like Richard, a lot. But sadly, he doesn't like me anymore. Molly is his new girl now.

"Yeah."

He sighed, padding his way over to me. He placed his hand on my back rubbing soothing circles, trying to comfort me to the best of his abilities.

"It's okay Iris. I'm sure Richard has a reason why he didn't tell us about her."

"I do," a different voice said, knocking on the open door.

My head shot up, my eyes landing on his crystal-clear blue eyes. 

"Oh yeah?" Shane asked raising his eyebrows at him. "And what might that be?"

We both waited for his response, as he took a step forward, shutting the door behind him. He walked over towards me, grabbing at seat next to me. He reached out trying to touch my hand, but I pulled back, not wanting to feel his hands on me. I couldn't, not now. Having him this close to me was hard enough to handle. I don't need his warm touch. 

His eyes dropped, probably expecting that response. 'I'm sorry," he whispered, pulling his hands away, tucking them into his pockets. "But please Iris—" His blue orbs pleaded with mine to understand, "—I didn't kiss Molly. She kissed me."

It's not like you pushed her away either.

When I didn't say anything, he continued on. "I don't even know who she is!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "She just came in, and when I asked her what she wanted, she kissed me! I was about to push her away when you came in."

Lies . . . It didn't look like he was going to push her away. It looked like he was enjoying that kiss.

"Please Iris, say something," he begged, sounding desperate. 

"I-I don't know what to say."

That was the truth, I didn't. What was I suppose to say? That I forgive him? It's not like we're dating or something. He didn't cheat on me, but somewhere deep in my heart, it felt like he did. When I saw them kissing, my whole world just stopped. I could even hear my heart breaking.

"Say you believe me."

"I-I don't know . . ." I looked down, fidgeting with my hands. 

He reached out, his warm hand touching my chin, sending tingles throughout my body. He rose my chin up, our eyes meeting. "I'm not lying to you. She's not my fiancée, and she will never be."

"But she said—"

He shook his head. "I don't care what she says. I don't like her. Heck I don't even know her."

"Then, how does she even know you?" I questioned.

Richard had to knew her somehow. Why would any girl show up and say 'you're my finacé'?

"I'm not really sure, but I'll find out soon enough," he said, his eyes burning with determination. "Just please believe me when I said, I don't like her."

"Why?" 

His cheeks flushed pink. "Um, because . . ." 

"Because?" 

I waited for his answer, and finally after a close minute, he replied back.

"Because I only and forever will only like you Iris."

***

Yes, yes, I know, I'm horrible at updating this story. I give you permission to yell at me.

Sorry it took weeks for me to update (again). This story is really giving me a hard time.  But like Richard, I'm determined to complete this story no matter what.

I know this chapter wasn't much, but I just wanted to update before my exams start next week. I promise to try to update when my exams are over in 2 weeks.