-Blooming Iris Chapter 5-

Cover to the right------------------> Made by ElleChanter :D

***

Richard's POV~

I didn't know what I was doing - one minute I was watching Iris leave and the next my body moved on its own and grabbed her hand. I stared deeply into her lovely blue eyes, seeing confusion written all over them. She opened her mouth to speak, but I beat her to it.

"I mean, um... your leg," I said, pointing down at it. "Please if you want to leave, at least let me take care of your leg first."

"Richard, you're no doctor," she stated after a while, "so I don't see how you're going to help."

"Yes but, I do have a personal doctor that I can call 24/7," I explained, smiling at her.

"Really now?" she questioned.

"Yes, so how about it? Let me call him, and have him check it out, and then if you want, you may leave," I proposed to her my idea, even though all I wanted was for her to stay, but I couldn't force her now, could I?

"Fine," she agreed, nodding her head. "I mean having a hurt leg isn't very good if you're homeless right?" Homeless... God, how I wish she would stop saying that. I really don't want to picture Iris, sweet and innocent as she is, homeless again, living on the streets with all those criminals out there. That's why I'm gonna do everything in my power to get her to stay here with me.

"I guess. Now, lets get you upstairs," I announced, letting go of her wrist that I just realized I was still grasping, and moved my hands under her legs so I could lift her up. After feeling her hand around my neck, I looked at her in surprise. She wasn't screaming to be put down. "Wow Iris, first time carrying you without getting beaten," I said, smirking down at her.

"Well, I guess I have to get used to it, seeing as you really don't want me walking on my own."

"Mhm, I guess," I said smiling, while pulling her thin frame closer to me, and proceeded to walk up the stairs.

Deciding that Iris should rest in a comfy bed when the doctor comes, I brought her to my bedroom. Once we enter my bedroom, I sat her gently down onto my king size bed. Taking a step back though, was a big mistake, seeing as I was now looking at Iris, wearing my clothes, spread out on my bed, looking as beautiful as ever. Shaking that thought out of my head, I smiled at her.

"I'm gonna go make the call, be right back alright?"

"Okay," she replied happily, her smile reaching her baby blue eyes.

I nodded, taking out my cell phone and pressing the number for Dr. Brown.

Iris' POV~

Once Richard left, I decided to look around. His bedroom was huge! My old foster care building could probably fit in his bedroom... and it would still have room to spare. So far, I think his bed was the best part of his bedroom, and not because I'm laying on it, and it feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud.

It was a king size bed, with gold silk sheets, and lots of different size pillows lined up perfectly near the headboard in all different colors. Right in front of me, was a giant TV on the wall that must have been at least sixty inches wide. To the left of the bed, you could see the backyard through the huge window. Also, hanging on the walls were some of the awards Richard had gotten when he was in high school - which wasn't too long ago, seeing as Richard looked so young. Next to the bed was his nightstand, where a clock and a lamp were placed. There were two doors next to the window, one must be the bathroom and the other I'm guessing was his closet.

A few minutes later, Richard came back in, smiling at me.

"Dr. Brown should be here soon," he announced, taking a seat next to me.

I nodded. We both sat in silence for a few minutes, until I broke it. "Hey Richard, where's your mom?" I asked suddenly. I've been wondering that for some time now, since the only people I saw when I got here were his butler and some maids.

"Not here," he answered his eyes saddening. "She's on a important business trip right now."

"Oh, do you miss her?" I asked, my interest piqued.

"Sometimes, but I've gotten used to being alone after dad died," he answered. "But anyways, what about your family?" Great, the one question I was trying to avoid, but then again, I kind of brought it up after asking about his mom.

"Well, I had a brother, he was my twin actually. His name was Ivan, but he - like my parents, died in the car accident," I said painfully, trying not to cry. This was the first time I'd ever talked about them since their deaths, but I felt like I could tell Richard anything, even though I'd only met him this morning.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that."

"Yeah, well it's okay; it's not your fault."

"Yeah, but still," he replied, putting his hand on my back, rubbing circles with his thumb, comforting me.

I was about to reply back, when the door to the bedroom opened, and in came the doctor. He was a tall man, in his early thirties, with black hair and green eyes.

"Hello Richard, so where's this Iris girl you were talking about?" he asked.

"Right here," Richard answered, getting up, and pointing to me.

The doctor set his bag down onto the bed, and quickly began checking my leg to see if it was really broken or not.

After about ten minutes, the doctor was finally done.

"Alright, it looks like she did sprain it, but a week off that foot should have it back to normal," he announced, while writing something down. After he was done, he give the note to Richard, and then said his goodbyes, leaving us.

"Well, that was quick," I said at last, looking at my leg that was now bandage up nicely.

Richard nodded smiling. "Well, you heard what the doctor said."

"Yeah, I did," I replied, nodding, not knowing where this was going.

"Well good, now get some rest, since you're going to be spending a lot of time in this bed," he told me, all the while smirking.

"What?" I asked, utterly confused.

"The doctor said to stay off that foot for a week, which means you can't leave. So, you have to stay on this bed to rest for the next week, and I'm not letting you go anywhere."

Wait what!?