-Blooming Iris Chapter 31-

(NOT EDITED)

Recap of the last chapter: Iris and Shane went to Mrs. Anderson (Richard's mother) office. There Iris, finally spoke for the first time to someone that wasn't Shane or Richard. She told his mother, that she loved Richard :)

****

Iris' POV~

After the words flew out of my mouth, I couldn't help but think, "Oh crap." I couldn't believe I just did that. And in front of his mom no less. What is she going to think of me now? She doesn't even like me in the first place! This probably made her hate me even more. I'm a nobody that came from nothing; I don't even have a family. She will never allow us to be together, especially since Molly is her best friend's daughter.

Blowing out a puff of air, I looked up, seeing her lips in a thin line. She was just staring at me, like nothing just happened. Maybe she didn't hear me correctly?

"You finally did it," Shane said smiling proudly at me, giving me a thumbs up.

My eyebrows raised, not getting the situation. "Huh?" I asked in confusion. Did what? Speak?

"You told her," he explained, hoping I would catch on. Sadly, I didn't. I was a bit slow at things.

"What to you—"

"He means you finally told me your true feelings about my son," Mrs. Anderson said, cutting me off.

My head whipped towards her, as I gasp at her in shock. She was smiling. . . and at me. She looked sort of nice, younger even. Prettier too. What the heck is going on here!?

"And, you're not mad at me?" I asked.

She scrunched up her nose, her voice laced with bewilderment as she said, "Why would I be mad?"

"Um . . . because I just told you I love your son?" Sure, if you told anyone else's mother that you love their son, I'm pretty sure the parent would be screaming in joy, and throwing a party within seconds. But this is Richard's mother we're talking about. She's different.

"I know."

I know? That's all she can say!? After all of this? Not even an explanation as to why she's smiling and not screaming at me?

"I'm sorry," I apologized, rubbing my head in frustration. "What's going on here?"

Shane smirked turning his head at me, his blue eyes shinning with joy. "This was a set up."

My mouth dropped open. A set up? Can someone please clear this up for me!?

"I think I need a seat," I said, pronouncing each word carefully. I didn't want to be overwhelm and faint or something.

"Of course. Here," Shane offered, pulling a red cushion seat from under the desk. I whispered a small thanks, taking the seat. As I exhale air out, I calm down, relaxing a bit.

After a few seconds, I looked at Shane and at his mom, hoping they would further discuss what's happening, because I was utterly and totally confused. When no one spoke for five minutes or so, I decided to break the silence myself. If they won't start, I will.

"What set up, Shane?" I asked, facing him.

"Um . . ." he began, scratching the back of his head. A movement he does whenever he's nervous about something. "I— well, we— " He looked at Mrs. Anderson, "— came up with a plan."

"A plan?"

He nodded. "You see, after my step-mom did some research on your past, she found out that your last name was Lane."