-Blooming Iris Chapter 7-

Iris' POV~

What's this? Something feels soft, and I don't remember floors in alleyways being soft. Nah, I must be dreaming or something, because last I checked floors were hard and definitely not soft.

But whatever it was, I don't want to wake up just yet. If I woke up, I'd to face the facts. I had no one.

"Iris. Wake up," a soft voice said.

No... I don't want to leave this place. Leave me alone.

"Iris, you have to wake up now," the voice repeated.

I ignored it once more, but the voice didn't stop, in fact it got louder and louder.

"What?" I asked the voice annoyed.

"It's almost noon, you have to wake up... or your breakfast will get cold," the voice responded.

At that, I sat up straight, fully awake now. The person knew me well; I'm not a person to turn down food...

I looked around, and saw that I was in some bed. Since when did I have a bed? I thought hard, and I finally remembered. Oh... that's right, yesterday I met Richard and he came and brought me to his house, and now I'm on bed rest for a whole week! Great bed rest... and on his bed too! I don't see why-

"Iris. Wake up," the soft voice said once more, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Confused I tried to find where the voice was coming from, but I didn't see anyone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Iris. Wake up!" It repeated. "Iris, you have to wake up now," It kept saying, "It's almost noon, you have to wake up now." the voice kept talking over and over again.

Then I figured out, it was Richard. Well Richard's voice - it was coming from the alarm clock on the night stand.

I reached over and grabbed it, turning it off. Before I sat it back down, I took a look at the clock, and Richard's voice was right, it was almost noon - 11:45 a.m. to be exact. While I sat the clock back down, I finally noticed the note that was on the night stand. I grabbed it reading -

Dear Iris,

By now my voice should've woken you up, or you wouldn't be reading this note now. Anyways I hope you had a good nights sleep, but now you have to wake up and get ready for breakfast. Next to you, you should find a remote, press the button on it to get any of the maid's attention. They will know what to do next. I'm sorry that I couldn't wake you up myself in person, but I had an important meeting to go to early in the morning and I didn't want to wake you up then. I'll be back as soon as I can, but for now just eat and relax, and also I hope you enjoy the surprise I have for you, which you will find out later.

P.S: Please eat something else other than blueberry pancakes. I don't want your whole diet to be on just blueberry pancakes. It's not good for you, so please Iris, eat something else.

Love,

Richard.

Aw... no more blueberry pancakes? Well I guess I can eat something else, I did have a lot yesterday to last me for a while. I wonder what kind of surprise Richard was talking about... I just hope it's not something that cost a lot of money, I don't want him spending so much for me, then again I don't want him spending money on anything for me. I already feel guilty enough that I'm staying here for a week because of my hurt foot; I don't need another reason to feel even guiltier.

I placed the note down, grabbing the red remote Richard was talking about, and pressed the button. Soon a maid - liked Richard said, came in. It was Sara, the maid I meet yesterday when I first came to this house.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, smiling while stepping into the room.

I shrugged, I didn't really feel comfortable enough to talk to anybody but Richard right now, seeing as I'm still getting used to everything. Yesterday was the most I talked to anybody since my family pasted away three months ago.

"I'll take that as a yes." She smiled, coming over to me. "We have to get you to the bathroom, and get you ready for the day."

I shook my head, pointing to my hurt foot. I couldn't get out of bed, doctor's orders.

"Don't worry, Mr. Price explained everything to me. We have prepared a special made wheelchair for you, so that your leg will be taken care of. Trust me, with this you won't even feel like you got out of bed," she explained to me.

I nodded, waiting for her to go get it.

Soon she came back in, and brought in the wheelchair. She was right; this wheelchair didn't even look like a wheelchair. It looked like a small bed with wheels on it.

She went over to me, and lifted me up into her arms. Okay... weird. I've never been carried by a girl before.

"Wow Iris, you're so light. You must only weigh 100 pounds," she commented, putting me on the bed wheelchair. "You're so lucky! I wish I was that light."

I looked at her, confused. Sara had a great body for someone who's in their early twenties, so I didn't know what she was talking about. I would kill to have her lean figure.

"Anyways let's get you to the bathroom down the hall, clean you up, and ready for breakfast," she said smiling at me, pushing me down the hall.

Richard's POV~

I wonder if Iris woke up yet. I hope she had a good night sleep. I really wanted to see her face when she first woke up, but no I had a stupid meeting to go to. Sometimes it sucks being the CEO of a big company. Let's just hope that Iris listened to me, and hopefully she won't have blueberry pancakes for breakfast again. Maybe I should call or something, just to make sure-

"Mr. Price," someone called, getting my attention.

"What?" I asked, focusing on what he just said a second ago.

"I was asking, what your decision will be sir."

"Um..." What were we talking about again? Oh right, the project. "Yeah sure, let's sign it."

"... Are you sure Mr. Price?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." I nodded, taking the documents and signing it.

After everything was signed and complete the meeting was over. I checked my watch, and it read 12:50 p.m. Iris should have already eaten by now, and should be back in bed resting.

"I guess it's time for the big surprise." I smirked, thinking of Iris's cute face, lighting up with happiness and joy. Boy, will this be good. "Adam get the limo ready, it's time for the big surprise."