-Blooming Iris Chapter 15-

Iris' POV~

"A job?" I questioned. Did I just hear that right, is Richard really giving me a job?

"Yes a job," Richard confirmed, a big grin still on his face.

"What kind of job?" I asked, "Is it hard?"

"Not really, in fact it's really quite easy to do."

"Really?" I asked eyes lightening up. Maybe, I should take it, it's either that or living on the streets, and I already knew how well that turned out to be.

"Yup, so will you take it Iris?" Richard asked, staring at me with his electric blue eyes, pleading with me to say anything but no.

"That depends Richard. You still haven't told me what the job really is."

"My personal maid," he said those three words carefully and slowly.

"A maid? But don't you have a lot already?" I asked him.

"That may be true, but your job isn't just being a maid. No you're my personal maid, so you won't be doing the things a normal maid would do."

"What would I have to do as a personal maid then?" I asked confused.

"Nothing much, just helping me around the house and at the office whenever I need you. Like for an example, if I wanted my room clean you could help me with that, or if I need someone to organized important files for me, then it would be your job to do so as well."

"So pretty much I do any kind of work that you tell me to do right?" I asked after he got done explaining everything for me.

"I guess, yeah," he said nodding at me. "So Iris, what about it? Do you want the job?"

After thinking about it for a few minutes, I finally told him my answer.

Richard's POV~

I waited quietly for her answer. I just really hope she takes my job offer, even though I pretty much made it up like two minutes ago when Iris told me she felt guilty about living at my house for free. Who knew that was the reason she wanted to leave my house so badly?

"Yes," she voiced, snapping my attention back to her.

Yes? She just said yes right? "Really?" I asked, just making sure my mind wasn't playing any tricks on me, and that Iris really said yes.

"Of course," she said, smiling up at me.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that," I commented, grinning down at her.

"I have a pretty good idea," she replied, giggling quietly.

"Oh yeah?" I asked, playing along with her.

"Yeah!" she playfully shot back, putting her hands on her thin waist.

"Really now?" I asked, raising my right eyebrow at her.

"Yes!"

"Then how happy am I?" I questioned, leaning forward a bit.

"Um...well...um..." she said, blushing a bit, trying to come up with an answer.

I smiled a bit, knowing I had her beat. She would never know that one simple word made my day. If she would have said no, I didn't know what I would have done.

"Exactly," I answered, my smile growing wider. "Now let's go home."

"Home?" she asked.

"Yeah my house," I answered, grabbing her hand. "Come on my car is just parked up front."