-Blooming Iris Chapter 4-

Cover to the right-------> Made by LilyLunaPotter99

***

Shaking that thought out of my head, I answered him. "It's fine, I was about done anyways."

"Oh, um a-are you...um are you..." he said stuttering, looking embarrassed. I wonder why? "Are you wearing pants?"

Confused I looked down at myself. Haha... Oh I get it now. "Don't worry your shirt was way too big for me, so it covered the shorts I'm wearing," I explained, lifting up the shirt a little to show him.

"Alright. Um... so lunch?" he asked, changing the subject immediately, blushing a bit.

"Sure!" I said, glad of the topic change. Finally I could eat; I haven't had a full meal in days. Sure I had a piece of bread or something now and then, but not really a whole meal.

As I moved out of Richard's way, I started heading towards the staircase.

"Iris!" Richard called out, grabbing my hand. "Wait! Iris let me carry you. Your leg is still injured, right?"

"It's fine Richard, it doesn't hurt as much anymore, I can walk on it."

"Well just in case. I don't want it to get any worse," he said, before putting his arms under my legs, lifting me up again, heading towards the staircase.

"Richard!" I screamed, pounding my hands against his chest. "Let me down!"

"No can't do Iris," he said, smirking down at me, holding me closer to him. I pouted, giving up. I could never win against him anyway.

When we got to the staircase, instead of releasing me, like I wanted him to, he just kept on smiling, heading down the stairs. As we reached the first floor, Richard proceeded to carry me to the kitchen, and he sat me down at one of the chairs he had next to a wooden table.

"What do you want for lunch Iris?" Richard inquired.

I thought about it, and then it hit me. "I want blueberry pancakes! It's my all time favorite food, and I haven't had it in so long."

"Well if you really want it. Why not?" he said shrugging his shoulders, walking to the refrigerator.

As Richard was preparing the food, I took the time to look around. Richard's kitchen was amazing - to say in the least. With stainless steel tables, high tech kitchen appliances, and wooden cabinets, which made it modern and a beautiful kitchen. Also, right on top of the stove there was an open window, with a rose in a vase sitting near the corner.

"Iris, your food's done." Richard smiled, placing the plate of blueberry pancakes on the table in front of me. As soon as I saw the yummy goodness, my mouth started watering. The fresh smell of the blueberry pancakes, the warm sweet taste of the maple syrup. I think I'm in heaven right now!

"What would you like to drink?"

"Chocolate Milk!"

"Coming right up," Richard said, chuckling, going to get the milk.

As soon as he turned his back, I started digging in. When I tasted the blueberry pancakes, I thought my taste buds was about to explode! It was so good, the best I think I've ever had.

"Richard! You're an amazing cook!" I exclaimed, around a mouthful of his yummy pancakes.

"Why thank you," he said, placing a glass of milk in front of me. "I'm glad you're enjoying it."

"You bet I am."

"Well when you're done, there's plenty of more, so eat as much as you want."

"Thanks so much!" I said, downing the cup of chocolate milk placed before me.

Fifteen minutes later, I was done with my fourth plate of pancakes.

"Wow," Richard said in awe, eyes wide with surprise. "I can't believe you ate that many pancakes in only fifteen minutes."

"I'm a fast eater," I explained to him. "And it helps when you haven't eaten anything in a while."

"I guess," he said, with a strange look in his eyes.

"Well it's been fun, but I think I should go now," I said, wiping my face with a napkin. "Thanks for the meal."

I got up from the chair, and started heading towards the front door. Now, if only I remembered where that was.

Guessing I turned left, but I was stopped when Richard grabbed my hand, pulling me back towards him, holding me tight in his arms.

"What?" I asked, confused, looking up into his eyes.

"Don't go," he begged, his eyes pleading as well. "Please, don't go."

***

Vote if you got hungry and wanted Blueberry Pancakes after reading this chapter...lol I know I did :D