-Blooming Iris: Epilogue-

Recap of the first ever chapter: (So you don't get confused!) Living on the streets was a lonely life to live, having nothing, and nobody . . . though life does have a way of changing all of that in a blink of an eye. You're probably wondering what happened, right? Why was I in the streets in the first place? Who am I? Well let's go back in time, let's say a year ago? (Yup, Iris was re-telling us the whole story, if you forgot)

***

Iris' POV

Now that you heard my story, would you agree with me that your life can change tremendously in a blink of an eye? Don't answer that just yet. First, hear me out one last time. I was like you, with no hope whatsoever when my parents and twin brother died in a horrible car accident exactly one year ago. I couldn't even talk when this punk guy started chasing after me, attempting to kill me.

Eight months ago, I would have never expected to meet the love of my life on that fateful day. He saved me. He was like my knight in shinning armor. An angel sent from above—maybe even by my parents; who knows?

But I'm glad he did. Otherwise I wouldn't have known the joy of what love feels like or even get over my fear of talking. Through him, I even re-connected with my foster friend, Alex. She only lives a few minutes away from me and I can visit her anytime I want. I can finally talk to her, and you have no idea how happy she was when I showed up on her doorstep with Richard, saying, “Hi Alex.” She burst into tears, attacking me with her hug.

I even talked to Molly the other day. Of course she was ecstatic as well; she had been trying to get me to talk to her since she revealed their plan to me. After I'd learned that she was pretending to be mean, I'd actually found her really awesome to be around, and so did Richard. She was kind, sweet, and most of all, the perfect match for my childhood friend, Shane. They are actually getting married next year; the date has finally been decided.

So, I guess, fate really does have a funny way of showing us life lessons, or impacting our lives. It did to mine, and I'm sure your time will come soon.

Shutting my journal, I smiled, feeling the smooth texture of the decorated book. It was finally done. Pushing myself up, I headed over to my bedside table and locked the journal away, until it was time to take it out again.

“Iris,” Richard's voice called, startling me.

“Here!” I waved, standing up. “What's up?” I asked, when I saw the nervous look on his face.

“Well,” he began, staring at his shoes, “I have a question I need to ask you.”

I tilted my head to the side, wondering what he was up to. “What is it?”

“Well.” He moved around restlessly, “you know that from the very beginning, even before we were born, we were meant to be wed.”

I nodded, not exactly sure where this was going. We both already knew that, so why is he bringing this up again?

“Um you see.” He blushed, acting all shy. “Even though you are my fiancée and everything, I never exactly asked you to be mine.” When he reached inside his shirt pocket, I gasped in shock. Could it be? No, it can't be . . . there's no way he's proposing to me, right!? I mean, I just turned seventeen not long ago. We can't even exactly do anything until I'm legal age.

But my suspicions were proven to be true when Richard took out a small black box, the perfect size to fit a ring in to.

“You didn't . . .”

He grinned, getting down on one knee. “I'm afraid so.” He smirked, taking my left hand in his. Seeing his eyes, I almost started crying myself. You could clearly see the wet substance in the pool of his blue eyes and the love, making him even more handsome (if that made any sense). “I wanted to do this right and actually ask you to be my wife. I know you just turned seventeen, and we would have to wait until you're eighteen, but I thought today was the perfect day to ask you for your hand in marriage.”

He smiled, that breath taking smile I loved so much—the one where his eyes lit up in pure blissfulness. “Iris, do you know what day it is today?” he asked, still clinging onto my hand.

I shook my head. It wasn't his birthday, and it wasn't a holiday either, so, what else could it be?

He laughed when he probably saw the puzzlement in my eyes. “Today, exactly eight months ago was the day I fell in love with you. I was going to wait another four months to ask you, but I couldn't stand it anymore. I need you to be mine, officially.” Once he ended his sentence, he opened up the box, showing me the sliver ring. Letting my tears of joy run freely, I watched as Richard took it out carefully, letting the light cast a soft glow on it.

The ring itself was beautiful—with one giant diamond in the middle, surrounded by two smaller sapphire gems, as tinier diamonds met in the middle, finishing off the most perfect ring I'd ever seen in my life. Maybe because it was the fact that Richard picked it out. The idea that he spent so much money on this wasn't a pleasant one, but how could I say no to this, to him.

“I picked this one out because the two sapphire gems reminded me of your eyes. They sparkle every time light shines on them, just like your eyes.”

I didn't know what to say to that. I was speechless. This whole event had made me tongue-tied. “Richard. I-I don't know—words can't even describe—”

“Then don't.” He grinned, showing me his goofy smile. “Just answer this question.” He took a deep breath before he began speaking, “would you, Iris Lane, please do me the honor of being my wife?”

There was no doubt in my mind what the answer was. Of course, the answer was yes. Why would he even need to ask me that? He knows how I feel about him. Just as I was about to open my mouth and accept his offer, a voice—or three— stopped me.

“Oh my gosh!” I heard Molly screamed, her eyes wide and excited. “Shane, Alex, get in here! Richard finally had enough courage to propose to Iris!”

“No way!” Alex's voice came next, probably down the hallway. “Tell them to wait! I need to get a camera for this!”

“Guys, just leave them alone,” Shane groaned out loud. “I'm pretty sure they want to be alone for this.”

“Nonsense!” they both cried in unison, as Molly gave him a look to shut up.

I rolled my eyes at the three of them, laughing at their crazy behavior. “Seems like our friends wants us to wait.” I giggled, looking down at a grumbling Richard. I guess he wasn't happy I got interrupted.

“Do you want to?” he asked.

Any other moment, I would have agreed to wait for them, but Molly was here at the door, gushing. She could fill Alex in on it later—then again I could hear Alex's feet pounding right outside the door, so I guessed  she would  be in about ten seconds or less.

I looked down, giving him a smile. “I do.”

“Okay, then let's—”

I laughed, shaking my head. Ignoring the piece of hair in my face, I said, “I meant, I do.” My eyes drifted to the ring, indicating to Richard what I had meant.

“You do?” He still sounded quite un-sure, but what I said next, made all of his doubts vanish.

“I do,” I repeated, beaming down on him.

Richard's face lighted up, as his smile widened to the point where it would hurt. Sliding the ring onto my ring finger—the only one connected to your heart—he lifted me up, as he kissed me. Kissing him back with as much passion and tenderness as our first kiss. It was love all over again.

Feeling flashes and hearing giggles and cheers, I knew Alex got there on time. Soon enough there were five smiling faces, including mine in the room. I was content. I had my friends, and my future husband, and I couldn't have asked for anything more in my life.

This was my happily ever after, but it didn't end here.

It was only the beginning.

***

The END.

FINALLY!

Blooming Iris was actually the first story I'd posted on Wattpad, so thank you guys for all of your support! This story will need of A LOT of editing (especially in the beginning chapters) but for now, it's done. 

Hope you enjoyed this story!

PS: There will be no sequel.

~Angel