-Blooming Iris Chapter 6-

Iris' POV~

After a while of silence, I finally spoke, "what!?" I screamed voicing my thoughts, eyes widening.

"You heard me Iris." A grin plastered upon his face.

"But-"

"No buts, you're staying and that's final," he said interrupting me.

"But I can't!"

"Why not? The doctor says so," he reasoned.

"But!" I repeated once more, not giving up.

"Iris," he said with a stern voice showing it was final.

"Fine!" I said giving into him once again, since he'd never gives up anyways. "But I'm not staying in this room."

"Why not?" Richard asked.

"Because um... it would be weird," I responded, fidgeting ever so slightly.

"How so?" he asked, clearly not understanding it.

"Isn't this your room?" I asked.

He nodded. "But I don't get why - oh I get it now," he said smiling. "Iris, if you're worried about us sleeping in the same bed, then don't. I only think of you as a friend."

"Oh," I said, feeling a little bit disappointed. Weird...

"Unless you think of me otherwise?" he questioned, grinning.

"What!" I asked, snapping my head up to look at him. "Of course not! We're only friends, right?"

"Yeah, just friends." He nodded, sounding at bit down? "Anyways since we have that out of the way, I have to go and talk with Dr. Brown for a few minutes."

"Um....okay."

"You can watch TV or something until I get back." He pointed to the remote on the night stand.

I nodded, grabbing the remote, as I watched Richard walked out of the room.

Richard's POV~

As soon as I was out of the room, I climbed down the stairs, looking for Dr. Brown. Once I got to the living room, I found him sitting on the couch with my driver- Adam.

"Thank you so much for doing what I asked of you," I said in my business like tone, while I took a seat on the couch.

"No problem Mr. Price, but why did you have me do that in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Let just say that was the only reason I could get her to stay," I replied.

"I see, so that's why you asked me to recommend her to stay on bed rest for a week." Dr. Brown nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, thank you Dr. Brown for everything."

"It's nothing at all. Well it's been nice talking to you Mr. Price, but I have to go." He stood up, ready to leave.

"Alright, my driver can escort you home."

"Thank you," he said, following my driver to the door.

Once they were both out the door, I made my way over toward my bedroom. As I opened the door to my room, I saw Iris watching TV. As I came in more, I saw that she was watching some clothing channel, with a look of desire in her eyes.

"Iris," I asked, but it appears that she wasn't listening to me or that she didn't hear what I was saying.

I closed the door, and walked towards the bed to where Iris was laying. Once I got to her level, I gently shook her shoulders.

She blinked, turning away from the screen, finally seeing me. "Oh Richard, when did you get here?" she asked.

"Just now, what are you watching?" I asked.

"I don't know some clothing channel," she answered.

"Looks like you wanted those clothes," I said, chuckling a little bit.

"Yeah since my parents passed away I haven't really done any shopping, and I really do miss it."

"Well if it's new clothes you want, we can go shopping tomorrow." An idea forming in my head.

"But the doctor said I have to be on bed rest for a week, remember?" she said, reminding me.

"Yeah I know, that's why the clothes are coming to us," I replied grinning from ear to ear.

"How?" Iris asked.

"You'll see."

Her head stayed in it's confused position for a moment longer.

"So, you hungry?" I inquired, changing the subject.

"Yes!" she exclaimed, eyes filled with happiness.

"Aright, what would you like for dinner?"

"Um... Blueberry pancakes!"

"Iris, you already had that for a late breakfast or early lunch," I said laughing a little at how much she love blueberry pancakes.

"Yeah, but I really really want some," she pleaded putting on her puppy dog face.

Since I couldn't say 'no' to that, I give in. "Fine, I'll make you some blueberry pancakes."

"Yay!" she said excited, giving me a bone crushing hug.

"Iris, you have to let go, or I can't make you your blueberry pancakes."

"Oh, sorry," she said blushing a little. Aw... too cute!

"No problem, be right back with the pancakes," I responded, releasing her, turning around heading towards the kitchen.

After fifteen minutes, I finally finished making the pancakes - I brought them up to Iris, and watched her eat her pancakes, while I ate my dinner.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Yummy! Like before." She smiled, looking rather contented.

"Good to hear."

"Yeah," she agreed, yawning, covering her mouth with her right hand.

"Tired?" I asked, though the answer was quite obvious.

"Yeah, I had a long day," she replied, her head bobbing up and down.

"Well alright, you should rest then," I answered, getting up.

"What about you?" she asked confused.

"Don't worry about me. I have some important documents I have to look over, so I'm gonna stay up a little later."

"Oh, okay. Goodnight Richard."

"Goodnight Iris, sweet dreams," I repeated before I left my room, and headed towards my office.