Chapter 96

“He what!?” Lucy gasps after telling her that Jack likes Eleanor. Everyone’s gone to bed now in their own rooms so me and Lucy are just staying up and talking for a while.

“Yeah, he told me before” I chuckle, pulling the covers over me as I get in bed. I sit and watch Lucy walk around the room getting ready to go to bed.

“I kind of saw it coming to be honest” she shrugs and I nod in agreement. “Well what do I have to do with this?”

“I said that you’d talk to Eleanor for him”

“Well what shall I say?” she frowns, pulling one of my t-shirts over her head and pulling her hair out of the whole.

“I have no idea” I shake my head.

“He’s timed this badly” she chuckles, joining me in bed.

“That’s what I said” I laugh along. I don’t understand why he didn’t say something about this before Eleanor went to talk to this guy.

“Maybe he didn’t know how he felt with her until now” she shrugs.

“You either like her or you don’t” I frown in confusion.

“Yeah but when I first met you, I thought you were shit hot but the biggest dickhead in the world. Look where we are now” she explains and I gasp.

“Gee, thanks” I huff and she giggles.

“I figured out my feelings for you though” she shrugs. “And now I can’t go a day without you”

“I have that effect on people” I smirk and she nudges me slightly, laughing.

“Well I’ll talk to Eleanor tomorrow” she smiles. It would be much easier if Jack just talked to Eleanor about this rather than Lucy having to do his dirty work.

“Anyway, let’s ‘chill’” I smirk, using air quotes.

“I said maybe!” she giggles as I pull her closer to me.

“Well you’ve got my hopes up now” I shrug, leaning closer to her until our lips are touching.

-

Lucy’s POV

After a couple hours of snowboarding, Eleanor went off to meet Brad and the rest of us decided to take a quick break in the café here. We have to meet Lily in about half an hour and she’ll be teaching us a few tricks. I’m pretty scared but so excited at the same time. Imagine being able to do a trick on a snowboard...

I’m a little panicked that we have to be able to do all this before the competition on Saturday which is 2 days away but I’m sure we can pull something together by then. Even if we don’t win this competition, it was still fun learning how to snowboard and stuff.

We have our hot drinks then take our boards back out to the ski slope where we always meet Lily. She waves us over to her and I smile before joining her at the bottom of the big slope.

“Hey, are you alright?” she greets us.

“Yeah, are you?” I reply for everyone.

“I’m great” she smiles. “So do you want to go straight onto tricks today or do you still want to snowboard down the hills?”

“Tricks!” Jack smiles widely.

Lily laughs, “Great. Well we’ll have to go to the halfpipe to practice. Come on!”

We get to this ‘halfpipe’ and it’s basically exactly what it sounds like. It’s half a pipe...

“So this is where the competition will be and you’ll basically just be snowboarding up and down it and doing a trick in the air. It sounds harder than it is, believe me” she assures us. “You’ve already done the hard bit which was getting your balance on those boards and stuff”