Chapter 63

Lucy’s POV

It’s Friday which means it’s Jack’s birthday. I think I’m more excited than him to be honest, and yesterday he was making fun of me because of it...

I decide to put my hair in a high pony tail and put a lot less make-up on than usual today because tonight, I’m going for a night out with everyone where I’ll be able to do all my make-up and do something decent with my hair then.

To - Jack: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!! Hope you have an amazing day, i love you billions xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moments later – after getting a reply from Jack saying I’m a freak – I get a phone call from Conor.

“Hey, what’s up?” I answer in a cheery voice. I’m so hyper about it being Jack’s birthday. Probably because it’s Friday and we’re going for a night out tonight.

“Hey, can you come over like, now? Jack’s moaning about not having his presents yet” he laughs.

“I am not!” I hear Jack say in the background.

I laugh, “Yeah sure, I’ll be two minutes”

“Thank you babes” he jokes and I just laugh. “See you in a bit”

“Bye” I end the call. It’s a good job I woke up early and didn’t need to wash my hair today. It’s 7:30am so I have plenty of time to go to Conor’s house and still get to school on time.

I go in my wardrobe and pull out the massive Christmas bag full of Jack’s presents. They didn’t have any birthday ones...

I drag it down the stairs and join my Mum in the kitchen.

“I’m going to Jack’s to give him these” I gesture to the huge bag on the floor.

“Oh my god, how are you going to take that round?” she gasps, keeping her eyes locked on the snowman bag.

“Carry it?”

“Do you want a lift? You’ll never be able to carry that on your own”

“Ooo ok then!” I smile. She rolls her eyes and picks up her car keys.

“Your Dad’s probably in the shower so we’ll just go” she nods. I drag the bag outside and put it in the car boot before taking the two minute drive to Conor’s house. “Thanks Mum”

“It’s fine” she smiles, watching me take the bag out of the car boot. Conor soon runs out of the house with no shoes on and takes hold of the heavy bag.

“I’ve got it” he smiles.

“Thanks” I nod. “Bye Mum”

“See you” she smiles, driving off. I follow Conor inside the house and shut the front door behind me. We walk into the living room and I see Jack sat on the big sofa talking to Anna and his Mum.

“Hey!” I smile at everyone and they all reply with a mixture of ‘hey’s and ‘hello’s. I walk over to Jack and give him a massive hug, possibly choking him.

“Get off” he chokes and I start laughing, taking weight off him.

“Happy birthday!” I smile.

“Thank you” he laughs. Conor slides the bag over to him and we watch him open all the different clothes from Anna. “Aw, thank you so much An” he smiles, giving her a massive hug afterwards.

He takes out Conor’s big present and reads the card first before unwrapping it. His face drops and his mouth hangs open, making me laugh.

“Fuck, oh my god, no you didn’t” he gasps, looking at the image of a PS4 on the box. Conor just laughs. “Why did you give it me now!? You know I’ll be dying to use it the whole way through school” he moans.