Chapter 94

“Jelunor!”

“Eluconack!”

“Eljacolu”

“Conelackcy!” we all shout ship names out at the same time. Lily bursts out laughing and shakes her head at us all.

“Brighton bitches” Conor says in all seriousness and I burst out laughing, holding my stomach in pain.

“As funny as that is, I think it’s a bit inappropriate” Lily chuckles.

“Oh shit” he Mumbles and I let out a deep sigh, finishing my laughing fit.

“Jelunor’s best” Jack smiles at his idea.

“It’s cringey as fuck” Conor frowns and Jack’s face drops. “We need a proper name”

“Maynards” Jack smiles in satisfaction again.

“Me and Eleanor aren’t Maynards” I frown.

“I can’t think of these things on the spot. I need some time” Eleanor sighs like it’s crucial that we come up with a belter of a team name.

“That’s fine. You have till Friday. You’ll have to drop by at the reception area to get your forms to fill in for the competition” Lily informs us all and we all nod.

“Well I’m off to find a hot guy. In a bit” Eleanor waves as she jumps down the hill, snowboarding the rest of the way down.

“That was shit” Conor sighs, jumping in the air and spinning around before landing far down the hill and snowboarding the rest of the way down.

“They’re always in competition” I sigh, shaking my head.

Lily laughs, “We’ll start training this time tomorrow, yeah?”

“Yeah, sure!” I smile.

“Okay, have fun” she returns the smile and attaches her board to her feet. I watch as she swerves down the hill in a controlled manor and lands perfectly at the end.

“Race you!” Jack quickly says before practically throwing himself down the hill. I start laughing and quickly make my way down the hill, failing to catch up with him.

“I think I’m going inside now” Jack sighs after boasting about winning for the past ten minutes or so.

“Same” I agree with him and start walking to our cabin. As soon as we get inside, we take off all our skiing clothes and sit in front of the fire. The room finally starts to heat up before Conor comes barging through the front door, instantly making me cold. “Are you kidding me!?” I snap.

“What did I do now?” he sighs, taking off his coat.

“It was just starting to get warm and you come barging in!”

“Sorry, next time I’ll just wait outside until you’re warm enough for a bit of fresh air to get in” he rolls his eyes and chuckle slightly, turning back to the fire. “Eleanor’s talking to a guy”

“What?” I gasp.

“Well, I set her up” he smiles proudly.

“Shit, I’ll have to go in the snow in my underwear” I moan. “Why did you help her!?”

“I didn’t think about that” he chuckles lightly. “You think that’s bad, I have to build her a throne out of ice”

“Couldn’t be assed” Jack shakes his head.

“What do you have to do?” I ask him.

“Give her a tenner” he shrugs.

“Lucky shit” Conor Mumbles.