Chapter 26

“If this doesn’t cheer you up, I don’t know what will” Leila laughs as she brings me a huge cup of hot chocolate, making me laugh. “Hey, I made you smile” she pokes my cheek so I just roll my eyes.

We got home about half an hour ago and went straight into our pyjamas. We came downstairs into the living room and saw the little den that we set up before the nightclub, with our beds and secret stash of sweets inside it. Yeah, we’re pretty childish. We went inside it and they’ve been trying to make me smile since.

“Are you sure you want to stay? You can go home if you like. I don’t want you to feel like you have to stay”

“No it’s fine, honestly”

“You sure?”

“Yeah” I nod. I want to stay here because if I go home, he’s all I’ll be thinking about and at least the girls are taking my mind of things. He calls me again. The 7th time tonight but I end the call again.

“I don’t know what to do” I cry.

“Lucy, don’t cry!” Olivia panics.

“Aw Lucy!” Charlotte coos and gives me a hug. “Right, if it helps, me and the girls have been getting drunk with him for, what is it? Like, two years now?” she asks and the girls nod. “And trust me, I’ve never ever seen him that drunk in my life. He usually knows his boundaries after what happened last time but tonight was different”

“What happened last time?” I ask.

“He hasn’t told you?” she asks but I shake my head. She looks at Leila and Leila nods. “He beat the shit out of some guy for touching Leila. Police got involved and everything but that night he was so so drunk. He’d probably beat him up if he wasn’t drunk but this time he was out of control. He wouldn’t stop punching”

“Woah” I gasp. I don’t really know what to say.

"The guy didn't get Conor in trouble though because Conor would've told the police about what he did to Leila. And Conor would've got bollocked for underage drinking and then the nightclub would've got in trouble and, oh my god it's actually a bigger problem than I thought" she frowns and I laugh dryly.

“Just don’t think too much about it Lucy, I’m sure he’s sorry about it and only did it because he’s drunk” Lois says.

“I hate how you can just blame on alcohol. He has a brain. He made the choice to kiss that girl and to be honest, I think if I didn’t turn up he wouldn’t have just kissed her” I sigh and they stay silent. “Sorry”

“Don’t be. I know what you mean” she half smiles.

“Can we just not talk about this?” I ask, wiping away a tear before it falls.

“I bet I can beat you all at Mario Kart” Leila shouts. She’s always hyper at the worst times. She sets up the Wii and gives us all a remote.

"I fucking doubt it" Lois frowns, snatching her remote off Leila.

Conor’s POV

I eventually got home after having a massive argument with all the boys. I blamed everything on them because I was so pissed off. I’m so drunk and I constantly feel like I’m going to be sick. I have a massive fucking migraine and I feel so bad for everything that happened tonight. Kissing some random girl, getting too drunk, blaming everything on everyone else and nearly beating up some random guy just for looking at me.

Tonight’s been crazy and I just want to sleep it off but I can’t. I can’t stop thinking about what a dick I’ve been to Lucy. None of this was her fault at all but I had to go out and get drunk. I fucking hate myself. I can’t even begin to put myself in people’s shoes.