Chapter 68

Lucy’s POV

“I’ve told them all that we probably won’t be going back out again” Jack says, keeping his eyes locked to his phone.

“Are you coming to mine then?” Conor asks.

I shrug, “Yeah. As long as we get to order Chinese”

He sighs, “Fine. As long as we get to watch Nightmare on Elm Street”

I smile, “As long as we get popcorn and sweets”

“Deal” he smiles. “Come on then”

I get up off the sofa and run upstairs to put on a coat and get my shoes. It’s so cold outside so I even go the extra mile by putting gloves on. I jog back down the stairs and see Jack, Conor and Alex all waiting next to the front door.

“We’re going to the shop first for your stuff” Conor tells me and I frown. “You wanted sweets and shit?”

“Oh right” I nod excitedly and he smiles.

“Come on then!” Jack sighs heavily and practically pushes us all outside. I turn back round to lock it then start to walk to the shop with them all, holding Conor’s hand the whole way because I’m terrified of seeing James again, although it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in hospital right now. I’m actually happy Conor did what he did.

“I need to show you something when we get in” Conor smirks as we walk into the usual shop.

“What?” I ask, getting excited.

“I’ll show you when we get in” he rolls his eyes before picking up a load of junk food.

As soon as we get back to his house, we dump everything we bought on the table in the living room and Conor practically drags me upstairs. He takes me into his room and sits me at his recording studio and his smile is huge. He presses a load of buttons before putting the headphones on me and playing a tune.

It’s his cover of ‘Breathe' and he’s finished it. I listen carefully throughout the whole song, drumming my fingers on the studio table to the beat.

“Conor, it’s amazing!” I squeal when it’s finished. He takes the giant headphones off me and smiles. “Have you uploaded it yet?”

“I don't know if I want to” he frowns.

“Why? You’re such an amazing singer Conor. There’s nothing to worry about!” I assure him and he nods hesitantly.

“What will everyone at school think though?” he asks worryingly.

“They’ll think you’re an amazing singer and will be extremely jealous of your voice” I say as if it’s obvious and he laughs. “Since when have you been worried about what twats at school think anyway?”

“I’m not. This is just new to me” he shrugs.

“Just be confident about it Conor. That’s how you’ll get famous. And if it helps, you don’t exactly need to share it with people in school. I don’t see why you shouldn’t though. I’d be bragging none stop if I had a voice like yours” I compliment him and he rolls his eyes.

“Enough with the compliments. You’re scaring me” he grins.

“What’s that supposed to mean!?” I act as if I’m offended.

“You usually bully me” he winks, sitting on me on the chair.

“Get off!” I laugh but he stays there. I just roll my eyes and put up with it.

“It’ll take fifteen minutes to upload” he sighs heavily once he’s finished the ‘final touches’ of the video.

“I can’t wait” I smile cheesily and he laughs.