Chapter 81

I lie down on the sofa with Conor, with the mug of hot chocolate that Angela made me, in my hands. We all agree on watching ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ that was just starting on TV. Angela was on the laptop showing Eleanor something, Jack was lying on a sofa, Anna was sat in front of the fire, staring at the TV and me and Conor we’re on the other sofa.

I don’t even get fifteen minutes into the film before I feel myself drifting off. Considering we went to sleep so late last night and I woke up at 9am, went into town, went sledging and built a 6ft something tall snowman, you could say I’m pretty worn out. The thought of me and El having to go home soon to wrap everyone’s presents is killing me.

“Lucy?” Conor nudges me slightly, snapping me out of my trance. He chuckles lightly before returning his attention back to the TV. I finish my hot chocolate and hand my mug to Conor so he can put it on the table that’s way out of my reach. I get back into the position I was in before I moved and start to drift off again. “Lucy?” Conor moans again, poking my cheek. “Don’t go to sleep”

“Why?” I groan.

“I don’t want you to” he whispers, trying not to annoy anyone watching the film intently.

“I’m tired” I sigh, frowning slightly and readjusting my position on Conor.

“I know baby” he kisses my forehead. “But you won’t be able to sleep tonight if you go to sleep now. And there’s nothing worse than staying up all night on Christmas Eve”

I chuckle slightly and let out a small moan, “Fine”

“Good girl” he winks and I roll my eyes. “Do you want to do anything instead of watch this?”

“I don’t mind” I shrug.

“We could try making that igloo” he suggests, smirking slightly.

“Alright” I nod, laughing afterwards with him. We both sit up as my phone starts to ring in my pocket. “One second” I hold up my index finger to Conor as I answer the phone to my Mum.

“Hey” I answer, walking out of Conor’s living room and pacing around his hallway.

“Hey. We’re all thinking of going out for a meal at around six ish, so do you and Eleanor fancy coming?” Mum asks.

“Yeah, sounds good” I shrug, although she can’t see me.

“Great, I was thinking that Conor and his family could come along too so why don’t you ask them?”

“Ooo, okay” I smile, sounding a bit more excited than I actually am. Although it’ll be nice for all our families to be together for Christmas Eve.

“Okay, well we’re going at six so come home soon to get ready” she tells me.

“Will do, see you later”

“Bye” she says cheerfully and I end the call. I put the phone back into my pocket and walk into the living room.

“Mum was just saying that we’re going out for a meal at six and she asked if you want to come” I tell Angela as I sit down on the sofa. “Conor, Jack and Anna too”

“Yeah sure!” she smiles genuinely.

“Eleanor, we need to go soon to get ready” I tell her and she nods. “But I’ll ask my Mum the details when I get in and text them Conor or Jack” I turn to Angela.

“Yeah, that’s fine” she smiles again.

“Text me” Conor demands.

“Alright, I’ll text Conor the details” I rephrase my sentence, followed by my famous eye roll, causing Angela to laugh.