Chapter 47

Well it went better than I thought it would go. Everyone apologised for not telling me about Conor, and now they’re all offering me alcohol. Can’t complain really...

I think I’ve decided that I will go to Portsmouth. Eleanor persuaded me into it, and so did everyone else. I don’t want to let Conor ruin my weekend and he probably won’t even go. I want him to though, just so I can show him that I’ve moved on.

I definitely haven’t moved on but I just want him to think that for now so he knows that he can’t just walk all over me, just like Eleanor was saying. I’m glad he’s not at the park with us now. Although, I kind of wish he was because I’ve not got a clue where he is now. I’m just praying he’s not with Claire.

“Lucy, are you staying for one more?” Jack asks, handing me a can of beer.

“Only one” I laugh and take it off him. “You’re pissed at like, four in the afternoon”

“Yolo” he shrugs.

“You’ll regret saying that when you’re sober”

“Never regret anything because at one time, it was exactly what you wanted” he says, tapping his finger on my shoulder.

“Fuck, you’re out of it” I shake my head. “Where’s Eleanor?”

“Not too sure” he laughs. “Lucyyyyyy”

“What do you want?”

“Nothing. Just, Conor’s really upset about everything and he says he’s really really sorry. He loves youuuu Lucy” he laughs before collapsing on me. I use all my strength to hold him up but I’m getting distracted by what he just said.

“Is he alright?” Ben runs over to me and takes him off me.

“Probably” I shrug. Ben and I still aren’t on the right side of each other. Same with me and Leila. He lays Jack down on the floor and sighs.

“Leila and I aren’t dating” he sighs, sitting next to Jack.

“What do you mean?” I sit down opposite him, Jack lying in the middle of us. I connect my hand with Jacks and trace circles on it with my thumb.

“We sort of just, do stuff but don’t make anything out of it” he shrugs. What? I’m so confused. He must notice because he starts laughing. “Like a friends with benefits thing”

“Oh right” I gasp.

“I didn’t think you liked me” he looks at the floor and picks at the grass.

“Either did I”

“I know you don’t like me, I just wanted to know what you’d say” he forces out a laugh.

“I do but not a lot” I lie. He’s hot and kind, yes, but I’ll never feel the same way with him as I do with Conor. But Conor’s not around anymore so I guess I could try to like him. “I want to” I sigh.

“Really?”

“Yeah. You’re good looking and really nice, what's not to like?” I shrug and he laughs.

“Well, why don’t we try? I’ve never stopped liking you” he lowers his head and I smirk.

“I guess we can try” I look up at him and he smiles. "But what about Leila?"

"We're done with that" he shrugs. "It was just a phase I guess"

"Oh" I nod.

“Come here” he opens his arms and I lean over Jack to hug him. “I’m sorry” he says into my hair and I just nod. We pull away and I look around the park at everyone in their own conversation. Leila and I make eye contact but then I look away.