Chapter 37: Venice

Hi everyone! Here's a short, little sweet part. Just so you don't get confused, I fast-forwarded it a little since it has been a few years since I wrote and I think the change was necessary. Don't hate me for the things I'm about to do pleasseeeee :) Enjoy! 

1 YEAR LATER

Alex's P.O.V.

"Hey...Lex, it's Damon. I......" there was a brief pause in the voicemail, "I...... just wanted to say hi and I just wanted to invite you.. to Thanksgiving dinner. It was Stefan's idea to have one while everything is kinda quiet right now after you know....Elena turning and all.... and I was hoping you would come...I know you are upset with me and all but...but just come for Stefan, he's excited about this," he let out a sigh, "I really hope you come, it's this Saturday at around 6 and Caroline's even making Pumpkin Pie which is your favorite. Well...I'll..uh.. talk to you soon...I hope you come... Bye." 

I set my phone down on my nightstand and got up from bed to stand outside on the balcony. The morning breeze hit my face and the smell of pizza from the downstairs pizzeria lifted my spirits from Damon's voicemail.

It's been a year if not more since I left Mystic Falls abruptly to settle here, in Venice. I don't even know what pushed me to leave, but I knew I couldn't  come between Damon and Stefan and...Elena...getting between both of them. I knew I couldn't be the one to break Stefan's heart and tell him about his brother and his girlfriend sneaking around behind his back. It just would crush him and I wouldn't be able to bear it. I decided I needed to just leave for a while and just have some fun with Gregg and just not worry for a while. In the back of my head, I know....I know how guilty I am. In the time I was gone, apparently everything went to shit. Some incident caused Elena to turn into a vampire and this caused some soft of magnification for her feelings for Damon. Which to me, makes no sense at all, since her and Stefan were all happy, lovey, dovey, a few days before I left. So, basically, if I go back to Mystic Falls, I'm gonna find Damon and Elena probably eating each other's mouths and Stefan (hopefully not) on a ripper binge, a few of our friends dead, or worse. 

Great.

"This will be the perfect time to go back Lex, good one." I said mumbling to myself. 

"Did you say something?" 

I turned around to see a sleepy Gregg turn his head out of bed. 

I smiled and got back into bed. "Morning," I said leaning into kiss him.

"It's a good morning indeed," Gregg said pulling out of the kiss.  

"I think...it's time Gregg." I said with a disappointing tone. 

His face went serious. "Are you sure about this?" he asked. 

"It's time for me to go home Gregg." I looked out the window and hear the birds chirping one last time.

"I need to go back to my musty, old Mystic Falls for a Thanksgiving dinner."