Chapter 4: The Truth

"Stefan." a whisper said.

"Stefan, wake up!" it said again. I ignored the voice and tired to sleep.

"I don't wanna wake up." I said. I tired to doze off again but then I felt her breath come closer to mine. Her breath smelled like coffee and mint lip gloss.

She pressed her lips against mine. I didn't move away. The kiss was warm and tender.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Elena in front of me. She was smiling and she looked happy. I hadn't seen her happy in a long time. After everything that happened to Jenna, I couldn't bear to see her upset. But, today I knew it was going to be different for her.

I smiled. "Elena...what are you doing here?" I said.

She fake pouted. "What? Your not happy to see me?" she said.

I laughed. "I'm always happy to see you."

She blushed. "Come on! Time to go to school!"

"School?" I said confused.

"Yeah...that thing we skip out of everyday!" She said. Elena got off the bed and went over to the bookshelf. She peeked at a couple of them and waited for me to get up.

She was so happy today. I couldn't tell her the truth. I didn't want to tell her the truth. I hesitated for a moment and then said, "Elena, I need to tell you something...something important."

She turned around with a concerned look on her face. "What is it Stefan?"

I walked over to her and looked her in the eyes. They were full of love and concern. "I'll be ready in 10 minutes. Wait for me downstairs."

She smiled. "I'll make you coffee."

I kissed her on the forehead and headed to the bathroom.

10 MINUTES LATER***

I walked downstairs. "Elena!...Elena! Where are you?!"

"In here!" I ran to the kitchen to find her making coffee. I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around the waist.

She turned around and kissed me. I pulled her into a long kiss and embraced her. I wanted her to stay in my arms like this forever. Safe and sound...

"WOAH WOAH WOAH." I turned around to see Damon covering his eyes.

"Little brother, no ladies in the house." he said pointing a finger.

"Very funny." I said.

"Damon, nice to see you.." Elena said sarcastically.

"Nice to see you to, Ms.Gilbert." he replied in enthusiasm.

"SO, have you told her about Alexandria yet?" he blabbered.

Oh Damn. Again there he does it. Pretending as if Alexandria was nothing. He hides away his feelings so he can act tough. With EVERYTHING. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I told Elena about last night...

"Alexandria?" Elena said. "Who's Alexandria?" She looked at me with full attention. Ugh. I hated when she did that...even if she did look cute.

"This is what i wanted to tell you." I said.

"Come on." I grabbed her hand and lead her to the living room.

"I'll leave you two alone." Damon said with his "charming" smile. He left the house with a pouch of blood from the hospital.

I sat her down and looked into her dark chocolate brown eyes.

"Alexandria is my sister. "

"H-how....W-what....When?" She stumbled to find the right words.

"She died today, 147 years ago. She got shoot by a bullet and Katherine had planned the whole thing. She wanted to get rid of her because she knew Alexandria was a distraction to Damon and me. We loved her so much Elena...I...I" Tears came into my eyes and there was a sudden felling of heat in my throat.

"Hey...Hey... Stefan....Shhhhhh....You don't have to say anything. I...I know how you feel. It's just.... I was surprised you didn't bring it up... earlier." She said full concerned.

"It was something I couldn't bear to talk about...Damon can't even handle having anyone saying her name."

She looked at me puzzled. "Damon? He didn't look like he cared. He acted like as if he didn't even know her."

I looked up at her. I did a small sarcastic laugh. "He just wants to act all big and tough in front of everyone...But....I...I....miss....her." Tears came strolling down my cheeks.

She pulled me into a hug "Shhhhhh. Stefan."

"Come on." She pulled my chin up to see her face. "Tell me about her." She said smiling.

I smiled."Well, she looked really big for her age. Even though she was 15 she looked at if she was 17 or 18. She loved sports. Especially football with Damon and me." I said recalling the memories. "She was a daredevil too. I mean the pranks she would pull on us!"

"Ha! She seemed nice." Elena said.

"Yeah, she was the sweetest. Damon and I always used to spoil her with candy and flowers and dresses and tons of sweets."

Elena flashed her teeth. "Did she hate Damon?"

"HA! Damon and hating Lex was like impossible."

"Lex?"

"That was my nickname for her. Damon called her Alex or Tiger."

She chuckled. "Aww, that's so sweet!"

I laughed. "Weeellll we weren't the nicest brothers either."

"Ohhh, what did you two do to torture her." she said sarcastically.

"Nothing! Except, we were EXTREMELY protective of her. Even if a guy looked at her...Damon and I would get real angry."

"Hmm, the protective Salvatore brothers. I can't imagine!" She said laughing.

"Well, I mean guys would always be around her. She was beautiful. Her long dark brown curls and big brown eyes had brought guys everywhere!"

"I'm sure she was beautiful."

I smiled. "She was."

"Well, are you willing to go to school today?" she asked.

I felt better. A lot better. It was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was glad Elena knew the truth.

"I'll go get my backpack." I said. I gave her a quick kiss and headed upstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

haha! so i'm SORRRRRYY i didn't upload yesterday :( PLEASE comment, vote, and tell people! :)

xoxo,

Puraa :)