Chapter 21: Birthday Weekend

Alexandria's P.O.V. 

It was already May 15th. One more day til my birthday! Stefan had planned everything out and we were going to California! Can you believe it, California?! Four of us were going, Elena, Stefan, Damon and me. I actually was looking forward having Elena come, she's the best. 

Stefan didn't tell me anything on what we were doing. Not even a hint! He wanted everything to be perfect. I thought it was sweet. It showed how much he cared and missed me...

I was in my (amazing) room packing my clothes for the weekend. I choose out four of my best outfits. "Knock, knock." A voice came from the door. I turned to see Elena. 

"Hey." I said.

"Hey! You excited?" she said.

"Crazy, they didn't even tell me what we're doing..." I said.

She laughed. "Trust me it will be a great surprise. You packed yet?"

"Yeah, I have a little left. What about you?" 

"Done. Everything's waiting downstairs. Stefan told me to get ready as early as possible."

I laughed. "Oh, Stefan." 

She smiled. "Okay, i'll see you in a bit. I gotta go check on Jer. "

I said goodbye and she left. I went to the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, straightener, comb, and hair dryer. Wow, I had a lot of things. I was surprised it even fit into my 2 bags. I had clothes in one bag and a bunch of other things in the other. 

After about 15 minutes of fidgeting around, Stefan came upstairs. 

"You ready to go?" he asked. 

I took both of my bags in each hand. "Yep, let's go." I said smiling. He walked over to me. 

"Let me take these for you." he said smiling. 
I gave him a warm smile. Only Stefan would do this. "If you insist."

 We walked downstairs and Damon and Elena were waiting on the couch. 

"Let's go!" I said happily. 

We all piled into the car and drove off to the airport. All the customs went by quick and we got on the plane at the right time. Ugh, I hate planes though. But, I was glad it was at night time and plus it was only 3 hours. Damon and I sat together while Elena and Stefan sat across the isle which was about 2 feet away. Stefan and I took the outer seats so we could talk to each other but i knew he'd end up snuggling with Elena. ;D

At about 10:00 P.M. the plane finally started...Hate this part so much. 

"Welcome to Air Virginia. We hope you have a safe flight to California. Please buckle up your seat belts." The lady was on the microphone was explaining all the procedures. I was falling asleep but I tried to stay awake. 

When the plane finally took off, I relaxed. 

"Lex, why don't you go to sleep. You look very...tired." Damon said next to me. I looked at him with sleepy eyes. 

"That's a good idea." I said half asleep. I took Damon's arm and put my head on his shoulder. He put a blanket around with me with his free arm and I dozed off to sleep. 

Stefan's P.O.V.

I took a look at Alexia and saw she was asleep. She looked so tired. Maybe it was the blood, she actually didn't drink today. The last time you drunk was yesterday in the afternoon. 

"He really cares about her, doesn't he?" Elena said. I saw Damon moving a piece of her hair away from her face. 

"Yeah, she means a lot to him...and me" I said.