[Chapter 60]

Chapter 60

Laura's Christmas party outfit-->

December 25, 2009

It's Christmas Day. I take a sip of the hot coco as I sit at the table in the kitchen eating my breakfast. The house is mostly quiet since mom and Robert didn't get back until awfully late last night. Sarah, Momaw, and I are the only one's up so far.

I'm already dressed in a white sleeveless baby doll shirt and black skinny jeans. The jacket I received from Momaw last night is draped over the chair I'm sitting in. Sarah's in the living room eating a protein bar and drinking a mug of hot coco while Momaw and I sit at the table in the kitchen.

Aunt Karen and everyone are on their way here as we eat. I was sitting across from Momaw as she drank her hot mug of hot coffee. I brought the fork up to my mouth and ate the scrambled eggs that were on my plate. Momaw looked at me and smiled.

I feel really bad about lying to her last night. I want more than anything, to be able to tell her about Robert and me. I give her a smile back looking back down at my plate feeling incredibly guilty.

Suddenly there's noise from outside. I hear Sarah groan and her footsteps walking back into the kitchen. She hasn't gotten dressed just yet meaning she's still walking around in her robe. As she walks in the kitchen she gives me a glare before tossing her mug and plate in the sink.

"Obviously Aunt Karen and the kids are all here. They are way too early if you ask me."

I humph, "Better than them showing up at eight o'clock on the dot, like they wanted to. Aunt Karen called at seven thirty asking Momaw if they could come on over. Daphne was in a hurry to come."

Sarah rolled her eyes, "Well make sure they don't come up to my room. I still need to get ready for the day."

Momaw nodded at her as she ran toward the stairs minutes from the front door opening wide.

Momaw looked at me at the same time the door opened, "Get ready for your mother to throw a fit."

I couldn't help but giggle. Serves mom and Robert right for staying out until way past eleven last night. Who knows when they actually got back in last night?

I heard small feet pattering against the floor and suddenly I saw Daphne. She was dressed in a very nice red dress with red bows in her hair. Her hair was curled with two pig tails with the red ribbons around the top of the pig tails.

She found me sitting at the table and grinned. She ran right toward me and I moved my chair away from the table as she ran straight toward me climbing into my lap.

"Laura, you'll never guess what Santa brought me."

My mouth opened, "What did Santa bring you?"

She giggled, "Well, he brought me this huge doll house for my dollies. I couldn't believe how big it was, cousiy. He also brought me a new Barbie doll, this one was the skiing doll and she's dressed in all pink."

I stuck my nose up before I could think about it. Daphne started giggling, "Why does Cousiy Laura hate pink?"

I shrugged, "Too girly for me. That's a color just for girls like you Daphne. Girl's that love dresses and pig tails."

She grinned showing her teeth and pointing at herself, "Really? That's great. Pink's my favorite anyway no matter what Sam and Phil say."

My eyebrows knitted together, "What have they said?"

She shrugged lowering her head to her fingers. Five year olds got distracted very easily and if they didn't want to talk about something no one could get it out of them.