[Chapter 30]

Chapter 30

When I woke the room was quiet except for the TV and Kimi's quiet snores beside me. I looked over at her to see that she was asleep to. I guess when she found me asleep then she decided to sleep as well.

Slowly I stood from the bed. I stretched my hands above my head and then walked over to my laptop. I moved the mouse to find that she must have sent the message.

It didn't bother me that she finished the message to my grams. I looked at the desk to find my phone. I flipped it open to find the time.

6:40 pm October 27, 2009

I sighed and closed my phone. My stomach was growling some so I decide to venture to the kitchen. I found my slippers at the door and stuffed my feet inside. I opened the door and walked out pulling it closed behind me. I walked down the hall downstairs. The house was quiet for the most part. I walked toward the kitchen and that was when I heard the noise.

I pushed the doors opened and looked inside. Mom and Robert were sitting at the counter. Mom looked dead tired while Robert look wide awake. Mom turned around and found me in the door way.

“Well I can see that you woke up. Kimi told us that you fell asleep at 3:30. She ate some food at four and then went back up there. I guess she's asleep now.”

I just smiled and nodded my head. I took the open seat next to Robert. There wasn't one available next to mom and if there had been she would have patted that one. I could tell that mom was uneasy about me sitting next to Robert.

“Honey there are some TV dinners and stuff for dinner. I just don't feel like cooking tonight. I have had to clean the house some and not mention I had to go somewhere with your sister.”

Mom rolled her eyes. If I had to guess she didn't have that bad of a time. I looked over toward Robert and he was looking away from mom. I guess my thoughts were right. Apparently he didn't go with them because someone had to stay at home for Kimi and I.

“Well I am going to take a hot shower.”

Mom took her glass with her toward the stairs. Once she was out of the room I looked toward Robert. He had a smile on his face.

“Was she drinking wine?” I had to ask.

He just nodded.

“I tried talking her out of it but she refused.”

I nodded my head. I stood from the stool and walked toward the fridge. I looked in the freezer part and found a bag of tator tots and chicken strips. I grabbed the bags and sat them on the counter.

“I take it someone is pigging out on food.”

I looked toward Robert, “Well I think I deserve some pigging because that hospital was horrible.”

I couldn't stop the shiver that went through my body. I found a couple of glass pans in the cabinet. I poured the tator tots in one pan and the chicken strips in another. I turned on the oven and placed the tator tots inside.

“The tots have to cook for thirty minutes and then at twenty minutes on the timer I will put in the strips.”

I took the seat across from Robert. I pulled out my phone and put in the thirty minute timer.

“I never got to ask how you were after the nurses did that to you? Your mom, I think, was to afraid to ask.”

I sat my phone on the counter. I sighed and looked up at him. I had to keep focused before I got lost in his eyes once again.

“Honestly afterward when I woke I was afraid of the nurses. I didn't know what to think. I mean so I was having a hard time calming down, if they had given me a couple of minutes I would have been fine.”