[Chapter 54]

Chapter 54

Annie hopped on her bike and I hopped inside my jeep. I could over hear the argument from inside the house and I just giggled. I started the jeep and backed out following Annie to her house.

I started getting confused as I we headed to the outer part of town. I had never been to this part of town since I didn't know anyone here. Mom always said that this side of town wasn't for people like us. As we got farther from town I saw what she meant.

This side of town was the farthest part of downtown away from all the police. There were women in skimpy outfits like prostitutes on the side of the road. Annie turned down a street that took us away from this side of town but closer to the police part.

She made a detour and my eyes widen. She drove under a sign and my eyes bugged out of my head.

Tate Trailer Park

I didn't have anything against anyone that lived in a trailer. They were sometimes better than a normal regular house. I remember staying in one before and it wasn't half bad. It just surprised me that Annie lived here because of the way she acted. She had nice looking clothes and her bike was always well kept. I suppose it was the way society made trailer park people seem, red neck people that had holes in their clothes.

Annie was neither. She drove her bike to the far end of the park and turned toward a large double wide trailer. She pull her bike up the front door and cut the engine. I could see tire tracks where I could park. I cut the engine as I made sure I was parked right.

I watched Annie move from her bike and look at me.

“Sorry I never told you or Kimi. It's just things changed after Blake died. Mom lost the house the week after his funeral but she had enough money to move us here. My grandmother lived here once before she died and they all remembered her so we got a discount. Mom's never home so don't worry about her coming home anytime soon.”

She waived me toward her after I grabbed my bag from the backseat. I walked toward her as she walked up the front porch steps toward the front door. I climbed the steps up the porch and waited behind her as she opened the front door. Once the door was unlocked she stepped aside and let me walk in first. The door opened up into the living room and I smiled at the open space.

The living room was so open with a huge brown soft couch against the windows at the back. Then there was love seat against the other far wall. She even had a fireplace and for that I frowned.

“It's not fair that you have a fireplace and I don't.”

She chuckled, “Yeah well you aren't missing anything. We haven't used the damn thing yet nor do we have the wood to start a fire with.”

She shrugged and walked past me toward the kitchen/dining room. The kitchen was huge but there weren't many cabinets, not like home. They had a bar that sat in between the living room and kitchen which was used as more of a counter than a bar. There was only one bar stool which gave off that impression.

“You can just sit your bag on the floor for now. My room's over here anyway since Mom's never home these days.”

I nodded and dropped my bag in front of the bar. She pulled her jacket off and tossed it on the couch and then kicked off her shoes. Her bag was thrown to the floor as she walked around with just socks on her feet.

“Are you hungry by any chance?”

I shook my head, “Not really. The junk food from Kimi's stuffed me enough.”

She nodded her head, “I understand but now I've gotten hungry once again from all the moving around. If you want some of my food you can have some.”