[Chapter 49]

Chapter 49

Laura's POV

Pulling the door opened I find Robert standing on the other side of the door. He's smiling at me holding a bouquet of flowers wrapped in plastic in his hands.

My eyes widen at the sight of his tux and the flowers. I always thought he looked good in a tux on the screen but seeing him in a tux for real right in front of me was something different. The jacket was a dark blue but he was wearing a white shirt and a black tie. I was trying not to drop my jaw at how absolutely gorgeous he looked.

The shades were something I had gotten used to for as long as I known him around here. They just made everything better because I never wanted him to be uncomfortable around me. Hiding his identity was for his safety as well as my own but I didn't care about my own safety nearly as much.

“These are for you, my lady.” He handed me the bouquet of flowers and I graciously took them.

“Why thank you, kid sir. Come on in while I put these in some water in my room.”

He smiled that Edward Cullen smile and stepped in the house closing the door behind him. I walked into the kitchen and found a vase and filled it halfway with some water. Next, I took the flowers from the plastic and placed them inside the vase, leaving it in the kitchen. Running back upstairs to put them back in my room would be dangerous in high heels.

I walked back toward the foyer of the house hearing my heels clicking on the floor.

“I'm ready when you are.”

I held the jacket up and tried putting my arms through the sleeves when Robert saw the trouble I was having. He smiled and chuckled walking toward me helping me put the jacket up my arms and on my body.

His lips lingered around my ear and pressed a kiss to my neck while whispering, “You look absolutely beautiful Laura. Everyone is going to be looking at my date tonight; maybe we should stay here and keep their eyes away from you.”

I giggled and replied, “Well that sounds fine with me.”

He chuckled, “Of course it would Laura. Now that you are ready to go, we have reservations.”

I quirked an eyebrow, “Really? You didn't need to. Any place would have been great.”

He rolled his eyes, “You are the only woman I have ever met that doesn't want to be pampered like the queen she is.”

I smiled, “Well I thought that was what you liked about me.”

He lowered his lips to my ear again and answered, “Correction, that's what I love about you.”

I could feel the warmth in my cheeks as he straightened up and took my hand. He walked out first and I pulled the door closed making sure that it was locked good and tight. He grabbed my hand once again and we walked to the SUV.

He was such a gentleman holding the door open and helping me into the vehicle since I wasn't coordinated enough in heels. Closing the door once I was in he walked calmly to the driver side door. He climbed into the car just as I buckled my seat belt. Grinning at me, he placed the key in the ignition.

I took a deep breath as he changed gears and backed out of the driveway. I was nervously fidgeting with the skirt of my dress. I could feel Robert looking at me from the corner of his eye, making my nerves spike.

“I think I know the answer already but are you going to tell me where we are going?”

He chuckled, “You already know the answer to the question.”