[Chapter 53]

Chapter 53

December 6, 2009

I stayed at Kimi's all weekend. Annie even stayed with us. We hung out and pigged out on junk food most of the time. I probably gained a couple pounds by all the things we ate. We had all tried to give each other some time to adjust to everything that was going on. Annie was still pretty much clueless on the entire Robert situation.

I could tell that it was going to take a lot more that a girl's weekend to take Annie's mind off of her deceased brother. Kimi was lying on her stomach watching some reality show while Annie and I just pigged out on the box of cereal. None of us felt like cooking. I had gotten dressed a little while ago in some of Kimi's clothes, she said I could have them and if I didn't want them I could bring them back.

Kimi laughed at something on the screen. I just shook my head.

Neither mom nor Robert had tried calling the house here or my cell phone. I turned it off Friday night anyway and hadn't bothered to turn it back on so I didn't really know if they had tried to call me or not. If mom had gotten worried enough she would have called Jennifer's cell to see if Kimi was back in town but obviously she wasn't that worried about me.

Kimi was lounging around in some boy-shorts and a black tank top. She wasn't going anywhere today so she figured why not just make it a lazy day before school started tomorrow.

I didn't have many classes with Kimi but the ones I did I filled Kimi in on the work. Annie was sitting on the blue chair once again this sad look on her face. She would have to go back home today and I could see how much that was upsetting her.

Suddenly we hear footsteps coming down the hall. Kimi hears it as well and turns the volume down in the TV. There's knocking on the door and it's pushed opened. Jennifer's standing fully dressed in some lounge clothes herself but she's wearing her sneakers.

I snicker knowing what that means. Jennifer thinks cleaning the house is a workout so she always where sneakers.

“Kimi, it's time to clean the house. I hate to make you girls leave so early but if she doesn't start now she won't do anything.”

I see Kimi roll her eyes, “Mom. I don't...”

She trails off seeing the look from her mother and then me. Even I can tell her room needs some major cleaning, especially after this weekend. There are candy wrappers all over the floor, empty chip bags, and empty soda cans along her dresser. All of that is from Kimi herself, she hates cleaning and was too lazy to put everything away. Not to mention most of her suitcases haven't been emptied and are stacked on top of one another in the closet with clothes hanging over the sides.

I stand to my feet as Jennifer walks out of the room and Kimi reluctantly shuts the TV off.

“I missed being home but the cleaning I could do without,” Kimi retorts.

I roll my eyes and hear Annie chuckle. I walk around the room and grab my things stuffing them inside the bag I brought. I pull on my jacket as Annie's pulling on hers as well. She was dressed as well in some dark jeans and messy shirt with a leather jacket. Overall one could tell she didn't put much effort into her clothes.

“Well Kimi, I guess, I'm going to head home,” answered Annie.

She pulled her backpack with her things over her shoulder and walked toward Kimi. She pulled Kimi toward her chest and hugged her tight. Kimi returned the hug with the same amount of effort. Once Annie pulled away she came to me next and gave me a hug, which I returned.

“See ya guys.”

She walked out of the room and I turned to Kimi, “I guess that's my cue huh?”