[Chapter 33]

Chapter 33

“Good morning, everyone, it certainly is a very nice Sunday morning on November 1, 2009.”

I was awakened by the sound of my radio. I groaned and rolled over to my side. Pulling the covers over my head I kept my eyes closed. Images from last night suddenly splashed across my vision.

The dance had been different than I expected. Coming home had been a whirl wind.

A smiled came to my face as I remembered my first kiss from last night. Robert's face after he kissed me was glued to the fore front of my memory. The radio was still on and playing music.

“Well let’s start with some more music. Here is Ke$ha's song Tik Tok.”

My lips had been moving to the lyrics. My eyes opened and I pushed the covers down. I sat up in my bed and threw my legs off the side. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and then yawned. Looking around the room I saw the sun coming in the windows.

I stood to my feet stretching as I walked to the bathroom. I flipped on the light leaving the door wide opened. I did my business and washed my hands afterward. Afterward I stepped out and closed the door back. It was then that I realized it was freezing in the room.

I groaned and looked around the room. I found my robe hanging off the desk chair. I stuffed my arms inside the sleeves but left it untied. I was dressed in a tank top and some pajama shorts. I found some slippers and crammed my feet inside.

I walked to the door and flipped the light on for the room. I opened the door and stuck my head out in the hall. It was quiet for the most part. I brought my head back on the room and looked at the time.

10:15a.m.

Well it wasn't that early but I guess Sarah was still busy from last night. I groaned. Great she must have slept with Luke. I stepped into the hall pulling my door closed again. I sighed walking down the hall toward the stairs.

While on the stairs I heard hushed whispers.

“Robert you can't do this. I mean we have stuff together.”

The first thing that came to mind was that Robert was breaking things off with her. Yes! We could be together and she couldn't say anything.

“Yes Robert but...”

When I didn't hear his voice reply back from her other statement I knew something was different than I thought. I walked toward her voice, passing the living room, kitchen, and dining room. She was standing in the back foyer. She had the back door opened and was smoking a cigarette.

“Mom, what about the smoke detector?”

She jumped from my voice. She was already dressed for the day. She was dressed in a long sleeve blue shirt that hung low on her chest showing her cleavage. Her legs were dressed in a pair of khakis and her feet wore a pair of her other favorite high heels.

“Laura, you scared my honey.”

Yeah like her jumping didn't tell me that already.

“Sorry.”

She sighed and then spoke into the phone again.

“Robert hold on for just a second. I need to tell Laura alright?”

She got quiet and I could hear his voice. He sounded strained and tired but mostly scared. I knew that she couldn't tell that in his voice. She never couldn't tell even when I was standing in front of her when I was sad or scared.

“Well I need to tell her about it. She has to know when we won't be here.”

Suddenly I got this eerie feeling in the pit of my stomach. So he kissed me and then leaves. I should have known it was too go to be true. Fucking Asshole!

Mom sat the phone down in the table beside the back door. She tossed her cigarette out the door and walked to me.

“Laura honey, Robert left this morning before I got up. He claims that he was called out but I know he wasn't. I think we are just going to go ahead to the hotel for the premiere. I know it's not the best decision but I really care about Robert and I am afraid he's running from me. I am just doing this so he doesn't alright?”

I just nodded my head. What could I do or say? Tell her I was absolutely, irrevocably in love with her boyfriend and my celebrity crush?

I starred in her eyes and realized something I hadn't before. She was in love with him. She had fallen for him a while ago. The meeting of her family had went well and he cared for all of us. He treated me right in her eyes and he was perfect.

My head dropped and I hid my eyes. I didn't want her seeing my tears falling down my cheeks.

“Don't worry honey. Maybe I can convince him to come back for two weeks before the premiere. He will need to leave occasionally for movie promoting but that's understandable.”

“Fine mom go ahead. It's not like it's the first time you left me here alone.”

“Oh honey I am not leaving you alone. Your sister said she would stay to keep an eye on you.”

I huffed and turned around.

Walking toward the kitchen I replied, “Yeah she did such a good job at the dance after you left. She even stayed after I left I guess she fucked one of my good friends from school.”

I heard mom sigh but she didn't comment.

I walked into the kitchen toward the fridge. I pulled opened the door and searched the contents. My stomach was growling but I was afraid I couldn't eat. I was too afraid of everything. Robert's leaving was the biggest heartbreak of all. I never thought after my first kiss the guy would fly the coop.

I sighed as I pulled out the ingredients for waffles and sausage. I just hope that I can keep it down.

***
Mom was in and out of the kitchen while I cooked my breakfast. I sat down at the counter eating just staring at the wall. Mom was too busy preoccupied with Robert on the phone to notice my mood. I sighed as I sat my dishes in the sink. Mom was in the living room now with the television on.

I walked past the living room hearing the weather channel. I guess she wanted to make sure that air travel would be good to fly. I walked toward the stairs at the same time the front door came opened.

Sarah came stumbling in the house. Her hair was all out of place in every direction. Her dress was wrinkled all over. I looked at her feet and noticed that she wasn't even wearing her heels. The heels hung from her hand.

Her cell phone was at her ear and she was talking into it.

“Yeah, I just need to tell my mom. Yeah I can totally make the shoot.”

I sighed as I heard part of her conversation. Great she wasn't staying.

She finally saw me as she closed the door. She rolled her eyes and mouthed “Mom?” I pointed toward the living room and she walked right past me. I decided to stand outside the room and listen in.

I walked toward the living room but stood just outside the room for an easy exit.

Sara's feet were quiet on the floor. I heard her flip her phone shut.

“Sarah move. You are blocking the travel data.”

I heard Sarah huff but she didn't move.

“Mom I have to talk to you.”

“What Sarah I don't have time for your shit right now. I need to see the travel data for the weather.”

“Mom I have to leave. I can't stay here and do your fucking job of watching your own daughter. Stay home for once and not follow some fucking guy that could care less apparently. I have a job to actually do at the moment so I can't stay here and play mom with my SISTER not my daughter.”

I heard Sarah turn around and stomp out. She past me in her haste not even seeing me standing there. I heard her stomp up the stairs toward her room.

Mom sighed from the living room. I heard the television shut off and then her standing to her feet. I immediately moved toward the stairs climbing the steps slowly. I didn't want to bring unwanted attention to myself.

“Laura? I know you heard.”

I stopped on the third step and turned around. Mom now stood at the bottom of the steps staring up at me. She was holding her arms to her chest. I could see that Sara's words had cut deep but not deep enough. I knew that if I yelled at her that way maybe it would do some good.

“Laura I don't know what to do here. I can't sit around this house being a stay at home mom like the past. I just can't do it. I know I must seem selfish to you and your sister but I did my part and I thought being gone you would like the freedom. I guess you took it the wrong way. You never were out in the crowds like your sister. I knew that and I guess I took advantage of that not realizing everything I was doing was hurting you in the process.

Laura, you know I had your sister at an early age. I wasn't ready for motherhood but it happened. I fell in love with your father over the years and then that changed. I loved him and I liked the feeling of love and being loved. I didn't want to stay in the place I lost that love. Leaving that house was easy but then I realized I still had reminders of him.

What I am saying here Laura is that I love this man and I like the way he treats me. I am just following my heart and it's with him right now. He watched after you in the hospital when my other boyfriends wouldn't have done that. He cares about us all and I don't want to lose him Laura, I can't.

I guess you should find out from Kimi and her mom if you can stay with them. I don't want you staying here alone with Ben still on the loose.”

“Whatever mom.”

For some reason her big speech hadn't won me over. I knew her to well and she wouldn't hesitate to ship me off if he wanted it.

I turned around and stomped up the stairs. The old mom I had, the stay at home mom, wouldn't have done this. I used to tell her about those rich parents who left their kids alone for weeks at a time, she would grip and complain saying they weren't parents. They weren't enjoying the last years of their kids’ lives.

She was doing the exact same thing. She had no idea how good my grades were. She had no idea that I signed up for a college closer to grandma. Kimi signed with me and we were going together. My ACT scores were good, not fantastic, but good none the less.

She had no idea that as soon as I graduated I was out of here. She would be lucky if she saw me for holidays. Kimi and I agreed for holidays we would visit my grams and her mom. Her mom talked to us about our plans before.

She said she wouldn't mind moving closer to us. She was like my mom, the old mom. She cared about the both of us, so I knew staying with them wouldn't be that hard.

I pushed my bedroom door opened. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. All of my hidden emotions were coming out of me now that I was hidden away.

I fell to the floor holding my knees. Tears streamed down my face. My mom and I were both in love with the same man. I had reason to believe that he only returned one of our feelings. My thoughts were leaning more toward my mother than myself.

His actions today showed where his true feelings lied. I sighed once the tears stopped. I knew they had to run their course before they stopped.

I pulled myself up to my feet and walked toward my bed. I sat down on the edge and looked at the bedside table. My cell phone sat right beside my iPod. I grabbed the phone and flipped it open.

Scrolling through my contacts I stopped on *Kimi*. I huffed and pressed send.

Ring!
Ring!
Ring!
Ring!

“This better be good Laura.”

I heard Kimi's sleepy voice on the other end. It was obvious that she had went to sleep late last night.

“Well...”

I heard her huff and sigh.

“Laura come on. Tell me everything.”

“Are you sure about everything?”

“Laura I am getting the instinct impression that something happened either last night or this morning.”

I sighed, “Fine Kimi. Just be quiet while I tell you.”

“Okay I will be quiet.”

“Well last night I got home and went straight toward the fridge. I guess mom and Robert were upstairs. I got bottle water for bed and as I was walking out of the kitchen the lights went out. I figured someone was up turning off lights.

Well I walked in the dark only to be pushed up against a wall. It was Robert. He was staring at me with this grin on his face. He kissed me Kimi.”

“OH MY GOD. YOU GOT YOUR FIRST KISS FROM YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH!”

“Calm down Kimi. I am not finished yet.”

I heard her move around her bed. She was trying to calm down her heart and breathe normally.

“Alright please continue.”

I chuckled but began once again.

“He was smiling and promised to talk to me this morning. I got up with a smile on my face and decided to get some food. I got downstairs and mom was by the back down smoking and Robert was on the phone. He had left and she couldn't figure out why.

I didn't know it but mom is in love with him. She's leaving to go find him. In her words he's running from her. She said she would try to get him back here for two weeks but she can't guarantee anything. Sarah was supposed to stay and look after me but she got a call for a photo shoot. She's leaving as well.

Mom wanted me to call and ask you and your mom if I could stay with you for a while. She doesn't want me staying alone with Ben still on the loose.”

I hear Kimi sigh but I could tell she wanted to say something about everything.

“Let me go find my mom and I'll call you back. I am sure she will let you though, but I need to ask.”

“Alright Kimi. I might be in the shower though. I need to pack my bags.”

“Okay um do you want me to come get you? We can get your jeep tomorrow or something. I just want to see you before you get here. I know you're hurting and I want to be there for you.”

“Sure Kimi you can come get me. I don't feel like driving anyway. Well I'll let you go and ask your mom.”

“Bye bestie.”

I chuckled.

“Bye lover.”

We both hung up laughing. That's the thing about Kimi; she can get me to laugh in any situation.

I flipped my phone closed and sat it back on my bedside table. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I huffed and walked across the floor toward the door.

Turning the knob, I pulled the door opened. Sarah came barging in my room pushing me back inside.

“Laura I need to talk to you.”

I looked at her as she closed and locked my door. Her face looked sad and I couldn't quite figure it out.

“What is it Sarah?”

She sighed and walked around me. I finally noticed she was dressed. She was wearing a thin beige jacket and a pair of dark blue jeans. She had on a pair of those snow boot type shoes.

She took a seat on my bed and held her head in her hands.

“Laura I know you heard me say those things to mom. Maybe I was wrong to tell her because it did no good but I had to. I know I act like I don't care about you and I get in arguments all the time with mom and you but I care more than you know.”

I walked toward me bed and sat down beside her. I rubbed her back to get her to move her hands. It worked and she looked at me bringing her leg on the bed.

“Laura I know you haven't a clue about the arguments I have with mom. We argue because she doesn't know where anything is in her own house. She doesn't know anything about you. She was there for me and suffocated me until I left. She doesn't realize that she hurts you about not caring. I know already that you plan to go to college closer to grams. I manages to get it out of her.
Dad isn't any better. I didn't know they were arguing so much after I left. I would have come back for you and took you away. We used to be so close like best friends and I miss that. I know about Ben and everything. The only reason I am leaving is because of this job. I know you know that I haven't been modeling in a while and this job will help me.
Just go to Kimi's and have fun. Be yourself, forget everything. Don't worry about your mom and Robert. This gets me on another point.”

She gave me this look. It was the same she used to give me when she found out something I didn't her knowing. She was right we had been close and like best friends. I missed seeing her in that light. She knew more about me than anyone else besides Kimi.

I avoided her gaze.

“Laura I know you like Robert. Your room is obvious that you liked him before you met him. It's hard falling for someone who’s taken and older than you. I don't why I am saying this, I guess because you deserve happiness too.
Fight hard and get your man. I know he cares about you and I can tell you love him with all your heart. Mom has had her chance whether she realizes it or not. It's your chance. Finding someone that you love and who loves you back is hard. I know I have been searching for a long time. I think I am getting closer to finding him but I am not sure. I know something happened between you and Robert. You wouldn't be in here crying over it if not.”

My cheeks darkened. She heard me bawling. Great!

“Now this is a thousand dollars. I am giving it to you. I saw grams last month and she pitched in with five hundred and I put in the rest. I am leaving some of my clothes that I know will fit you. I have some shoes for you as well.”

She pulled out an envelope and handed it to me. I could tell that there was a lot of money in it. She hugged me and then stood to her feet.

“Hold on Sarah. I have a couple questions for you.”

She smiled a genuine smile.

“First what happened with Luke? Second, why the sudden change.”

She sighed and then her eyes got glassy.

“Well I know coming late didn't help anything. Luke brought me to his family’s house on the marina. Before you think we did anything we didn't. We just talked. We fell asleep and that was why my dress looked bad. I had to rush this morning because they were calling me. Luke is a great guy. He wasn't trying to get in my pants but to get to know me.
We started talking about you half way into the night. He mentioned that Alex ditched you a lot. He then mentioned about how sad you looked even when your friends were around. He wanted to get to know me because of you. He said you were so nice that he figured since you were nice I would be too.”

I grinned. It was nice hearing that she found someone.

“So what are you going to do about him?'

Her cheeks got red and she avoided my gaze.

“Well we exchanged numbers and we are keeping in contact. I should be in town when Robert's movie comes to theaters. Luke wanted to take me to see it.”

I stood to my feet. Stepping closer to my sister I wrapped my arms around her waist. We hugged and laughed at out foolishness.

She pulled away first and gave me a grin.

“Well I need to get back to my room. I need to get my things together for the trip.”

She placed a kiss on my forehead and walked out of my room. She pulled the door closed behind her.

---

Author's Note:

Well as everyone can tell I have decided to try my luck in the watty awards. I mean it's just to try, never hurt anyone to try. I can't win if I don't try and enter so here we go.

Laura's PJ's:http://www.polyvore.com/lauras_pjs/set?id=40109553&lid=258026

Molly's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/molly_leaving/set?id=40112406&lid=258026

Sarah:http://www.polyvore.com/sarah_leaving/set?id=40113764&lid=258026

Just so everyone knows this story has 65 chapters which include an epilouge and yes I have a sequel in mind. I'll try posting the outfits in a slideshow if not, ask for the links since I know we can't copy and paste.

REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES, & TELL A FRIEND!!