My Angel Chapter 12

Not much happened for the rest of that day. The shopping trip really wore me out. Jordan drove me home, and then he drove Cam home. On the way to my house he told us him plan. After the game next week, he was going to pull the ring out of him sock, get down on one nee and propos.

I looked at my calendar. June 9th. Eleven days until the game. That was way to long to wait! But good things do take time.

Today I had planned for a lazy day. I needed one after everything that has happened in the past few days. The Angel realization inspired me that anything is possible. So I signed up to bake a cake for the football team after the championship game. Me baking. Luckily, Cameron was going to help.

"Did you bring everything?" I asked her as she walked through the front door.

"Yeah I think so." She said while pulling a red earphone out of the ear. "Chocolate frosting and four possibly crushed eggs." I knew she was joking, but with Cameron, you can never know for sure.

I got out the big mixing bowl, flour, butter, coco and sugar. We had planned don making a rectangular chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with "Congrats Demons" written in purple. Skye was the one who picked the team name. Go figure.

"Cam, can you pass me that bag of flour?" A simple question right? Wrong! Cameron picked up the bag of flour. While she was bringing it over to me, she tripped on her own two feet and face planted on top of the bag. The bag ripped open and covered her face with flour. I couldn't help but laugh.

"It's not funny!" she wailed. But even she knew it was and began to laugh as well. "Okay, maybe it's a little funny." She got up, brushed herself off and went to clean her face off.

I knelt down and scooped a couple cups of flour out of the busted bag. I dumped them into the bowl, and then went to check on Cameron. She had ventured upstairs into my bathroom.

"There is one downstairs you know," I said as I walked in but the sounds of sobbing stop me. "Why are you crying?" I asked her. She had her wings spread out. I knew something was wrong.

"I, I think it's broken." She said through tears. "It really hurts, and you can't just go to the hospital with a broken wing!"

"Calm down" I said as we sat ourselves on my bathtub rim. "Did anyone ever break their wing before?" Let's hope so, because I have no idea what to do with a broken Angel.

"Yes" she said trying to calm herself. "Clyde did, a few months ago."

"Then let's call him and see how we can fix you up."

I took out my phone and dialed 1 for speed dial. Caller ID rules because when he saw it was me, he picked up right away.

"Hey beautiful, what's up?"

" Oh, nothing much, we are just having an Angel crisis!"

"Calm down, what did Cameron do this time?"

"She fell and broke her left wing. How the hell are we suppose to fix that?"

"Wing paste."

"What?" I really needed to get my hearing cheeked.

"Wing paste." He said again. He could tell that I was thinking I was crazy and he began to laugh. "I have some, I'll bring it over. Are you guys alone?"

"Yeah we are. Why?"

"She is going to have to walk around for a while with her wings out. I didn't want her to be seen."

"Alright, see you soon."

"Bye" he said and then hung up.

A half an hour later he showed up. Cameron ran to the door, grabbed the tube and ran back upstairs to put it on.

"So how exactly do you make wing paste?" I asked him. I motioned for him to sit down in the living room.

"From a special store. I don't know exactly how they make it but it works." Wow, how hadn't I guessed? I know, because life is now a living loony bin!

"Special store? Really?"

"Yeah, there is a special entrance in our garage."

"Well now I know why I was never allowed in there." He laughed. "What kind of stuff do they sell in that store?"

"Pretty much everything. From socks and underwear to magical healing herbs and, well, wing paste."

"You should take me there some day." It sounded cool. I wonder what else they had there. "But we have to finish the cake first."

"A cake? What's it for?" Oh crap! The team wasn't suppose to know!

" Cam and I didn't know what to do today so we decided to make a cake." That was way to close.

" I see, I'll meet you guys back at the house." He closed the door behind him as Cameron came down the stairs with purple gunk on her wing.

"Alright," she said. "Let's make a cake!"