My Angel Chapter 24

I awoke to the sound of my radio blaring. The night before I had set and alarm so that I didn't get pillows in the face yet again.

I rolled out of bed and walked into my closet. Our plan was for everyone to wear black. Even though it was going to be 35 degrees with the humidity. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and a long black off one shoulder top. I took my clothes into my bathroom and took my shower.

Once I was finished I decided to see if Matt was up. He was and was struggling to get his jersey over his shoulder pads.

"Need any help?" I asked as I came up behind him.

"Help would be nice." He replied

I help get the jersey over the padding. It was a challenge seeing as he was almost a foot taller than me.

"Matt," I said almost on verge of tears.

"Yeah?" he asked sounding equally upset.

"No matter what happens today, I want you to know that I love you. And we will be doing everything in our power to get you out of there." I couldn't fight it any longer. The tears started spilling out.

"I know." He said while pulling me into a hug, "but thanks for reminding me."

After a few minutes of our sentimental moment, we hopped into my car and headed off to the football field. As I pulled into a free parking space, I spotted Macey, Cameron and Hannah waiting for us.

"Clyde is waiting for us on the bench." Cameron explained, "Hannah and Macey will be watch from there." She pointed to the bottom of the bleachers across from the bench.

"I'll walk you guys down there." Matt offered as he took Cameron's hand. She squeezed it as they gazed into each other's eyes. You could tell they where in love, and it broke my heart.

When we got down to the bench, my step-dad greeted us and showed us where to sit. Cameron handed me one of the walkie-talkies we would be using.

Fans were pilling in the bleachers; the game was about to start. Clyde, Skye, Matt and the rest of the starting line up got into position and the game began.

The opposing team started with the ball but that didn't last long. Skye tackled the guy from the other team while Clyde grabbed the ball. He sprinted to his own team's touchdown line and used his Angel force to chuck the ball to Matt at the other side of the field. Matt ran a few yard and then got a touch down. They had a moment of celebration and then the game started up again.

I don't know much about football even though I'm at all the games. I do know what a touch down is and that at one point they kick the ball.

I suddenly got worried. I hadn't seen Dakota all morning. At half time, I decided to go looking for her. But she found me first.

"There you are! I almost went into a panic attack."

"Sorry, I had a few things to do. How is the game going?"

"The guys are winning forty-nine to thirty-five. This is a pretty good team."

"What about Skye?"

"Skye has been good. But I know what he can be like."

"I'm going to stay on the bench with you guys for now."

Before I could answer her, Clyde came over and hugged me from behind. "Were you going to wish me good luck?"

"Maybe," I said as he leaned down to kiss me.

"Gamblin get over here!" my stepfather yelled from across the bench "Thompson I wont allow you on my bench if you are going to distract my players." We both blushed.

"I would say I'm sorry but I'm not part of you're team, Sam works."

When the game re-started I could see Macey and Hannah checking their purses for their bows. They both gave me a thumbs up. I had my knife in a holder between my leggings and spandex, as did Cameron. Dakota was also ready with her spear in one of her boots.

The final seconds were the most intense. The other team had caught up and we were tied. Clyde wasn't satisfied. As the scoreboard counted down from ten, Clyde started to sprint from his own zone. As the clock ticked down, he was jumping over people and rolling under people. When the clock reached two Clyde crossed the touchdown line and the crowd went wild!

The guys banged heads and hit each other in the butt. Witch I guess was a football thing. Jordan and Tegan belly bumped, Jordan fell to the ground, got up on one nee and pulled the ring out of his sock.

"Everybody shut up! I have something to say." Then he turned to Tegan "Tegan, these last two years have been the best ones of my life, we have so many memories and I only hope that we will make more. But for now I have a question for you," he opened the box to reveal the ring "Will you marry me?"

Tegan looked him right in the eye "No."

The crowd was filled with loud sighs as everyone felt Jordan's disappointment.

"J.K people! Of course I will marry you Jordan."

Jordan smiled and hugged his new fiancé. The whole bleacher full of people bursted out into applause and cheering. What ruined it was what happened next.

"I told you to go back missy." Skye said as he walked past the bench.

"Go to hell!" Dakota snapped. Witch was a stupid reply seeing as he lived there.

"I'll be happy too. But not alone. I need a new toy you see, and he is right over there." When Skye turned to make his way to Matt, Dakota stabbed him in the back with her spear.

"We both know that that's not enough to kill me." I jabbed my knife into his stomach as he turned around. "That either."

He continued over to where Matt was. Most of the fans had already left. But there were a few unlucky people that had decided to stick around.

"What do you want Skye?" Mat asked him nervously.

"Oh I think you know what I want." He said. As he slung matt over his shoulder, a sea of arrows hit Skye in the back. Some hit Matt as well.

"You guys have really bad aim!" he called out to Hannah and Macey. I had a feeling that Macey was trying to hit him.

"Listen here people! This is just to warn you that this is because he pissed off a demon, you do not want to piss off demons!"

He raised his left hand and his horns and tail sprouted. Almost in the same way that Clyde's wings had that day. A big hole formed underneath them and within seconds they were gone. I was devastated. So was everyone else. With all the hard work that we had put into planning. It was all for nothing. That might have been the last time that I ever saw my brother.