My Angel Chapter 22

"Hey Matt, I have a question for you," Dakota said as she walked into the room. "Are you ready to try out Dakota's Obstacle Course Of Death?"

"Do I really have a choice?" He asked her.

"No." she retorted and took him into the back yard. "Now this is my beautiful contraption. I built it last night. Fist you go over the wall, through the tires, finish the monkey bars and crawl under the barb wire."

"I'm not in the army you know."

"Yes, I know, but you need to be prepared. Oh and one more thing, failure to complete in under a minute and fifteen seconds, you are dead in the underworld."

"Isn't that wonderful, well have fun you two. Come on Clyde, let's go in and give the others a hand."

We said good luck and ventured back inside to meet up with the others. They were all huddled over the kitchen counter. Laughing hysterically at something.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"Macey." Jordan managed to spit out. "She drew a picture of Matt."

I looked at the page. It was a man in a full body cast with a unibrow and a mustache that curled at the tips. I have to admit, it was pretty funny, but this was no time for joking around.

"Very funny Macey," I said successfully holding back a laugh. "But this is no time for fooling around." She pouted and then stopped laughing.

"Sam is right." Clyde added. Also trying to hold back laughter. "Although Matt mean little to you Macey, he means a great deal to my sister and my girlfriend. We must all put our differences aside to help him."

I have to admit; I never knew that Clyde could be so deep. I always thought of him as a guy with little emotion. Guess I was wrong, again.

"First thing is first," I said, "We have to think of when Skye is going to strike."

"That's easy, after the game of course. Once we win, he will immediately take Matt and make a seen." Tegan said, one again, a matter of factly.

"Let's hope he can wait until after I'm done." Jordan muttered to himself. Luckily, Tegan had no idea what he was talking about.

"If that's the case, we will have to have people on the field ready to go after him. Tegan, Jordan and Clyde of course but what about us?" Hannah asked.

"That one is easy too. My step-dad is the coach. I'm sure he would let Cameron and I watch the game from the bench. As for you and Macey, you will have to make other arrangements."

"We can take care of that later. What about equipment? Surely we are not just going to go down the underworld looking like this." Macey pointed to what she was wearing. An aqua halter-top paired with black board shorts.

"I have a few things in the garage that can help. But mind you, not too many things can kill a demon." Clyde informed her.

"Who said we had to kill him?" I asked, "Why can't we just send him somewhere unpleasant?"

"He already lived in hell. Where to your knowledge is worse than that?" Clyde answered me. This was not a good time to have a couples dispute.

"I guess you're right, but what exactly kills a demon? There can't be to many things out there."

"You're right, there aren't." Cameron put in. "But I thought I'd try out this Internet of yours and see what it says. There are only two things that can kill a demon, his father (the devil) and a rose petal stake through the heart."

"Why rose petals?" Tegan asked.

"It says here that the rose stands for love. The only thing that a demon can't experience. By using the power of love against them, it can over through them and potentially kill them." She closed her laptop and turned to Clyde "Do we have any roses around?"

"Hey! What makes you so special that you get to kill Skye." Macey complained.

"Because I am Matt's guardian Angel. It is my life long job to protect him. Why would you want to do it? You hate Matt anyway. You would love to see him leave and never return.

"Sure I hate Matt, but I don't want him to die. What kind of a monster do you think I am?"

"Girls stop." I cried. But they clearly didn't hear me.

"Cameron is right Macey, she should be the one to help matt, and they are soul mates after all." Clyde put in.

"Soul mates my butt!" Macey yelled. "I still don't get why you should do it."

"Guys come on!" Still no one bothered to hear me.

"Why don't you guys make it together? That way everyone is happy and it's fair." Tegan, always trying to make this work.

I really needed to get their attention. Time to execute one of Dakota's "how to get noticed" strategies.

"There is no way I would ever share anything with her." Macey protested.

"Hey!" I should. Still not getting noticed.

"I would rather shove pins in my eyes that work with that bit...woman!" she stopped herself.

"I'm going to kill myself!" I shouted a little louder. But clearly not loud enough.

"Are you calling me a bitch?" Macey questioned.

"I would never. As you know, I do not swear."

"I'M PREGNANT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Everyone turned to look at me, and then Clyde, whose jaw was already on the floor.