Chapter 13: Some sad news

Sofie (P.O.V)

As I arrived at my foster parent’s house I saw a little blond creature emerging from the house it was Lily running towards me. As I stepped out of the car I was enveloped in a hug by this tiny little girl as I hugged her back she gave me look of curiosity as Stefan appeared by my side. He gave her a smile and she smiled back and tugged me inside the house I told Stefan Bye. I found my foster parents sitting on a couch together they told Lilly to go play with one of her toys she gave me a sad departing look as she walked away. I sat on the other couch staring at the they asked me about my past so I told them at the age of 6 I was in the foster system and my first family was the Hearts they beat me till I couldn't stand and beat me till blood came.

 Mrs. Kendra stopped me there with tears in her eyes she ran and gave me a hug I haven't told anybody this much it felt good to get that off my chest but there was more much more. Mr. Chase on the other hand didn't seem to care. They told me something that hurt me bad they told me that Lily was becoming ill and that's why they got me to keep her smiling and happy. This news hurt I felt it was my entire fault everyone I seemed to love disappeared or die. I knew that I hadn't known Lily for long she actually felt like a little sister to me.

A tear tried to escape my eye but I didn't let it I hadn't cried in 10 years and I wasn't going to start now. I stared at them blank faced and walked over to where Lily was playing and enveloped her in a hug and sat down to play tea party with her. She told me I was really bad at pretending and let out a giggle. For a human to look at her they thought she was fine. But, a wolf or vampire could tell her shade of skin color was whiter than natural I played with her for 3 hours and went outside.

 I found a meadow deep inside the woods and decided to let all my rage and sadness out so I stared shooting fire all out of me. Ya, I had powers but I wasn't any superhero I had gotten my powers from the government testing out on babies. They couldn't tell if it worked or not on me so they let me go to my parents. But, the next day they saw that I was playing with fire at the age of 2. They didn't give me back to the government instead they kept it a secret which was one thing they did right and I was grateful.

 My powers seemed to also work in my lion/wolf form as well which was a blessing in disguise for me and had saved my life may times when I was in a predicament. Maybe that’s why our pack turned on us because of my powers they thought it was evil and inhumane but it wasn’t my parent’s fault they took me from them. I never really thought about why they turned on us my father was there alpha I wonder what made them turn of us. I would be there next alpha was I the reason my parents died I hope not that would just kill me inside. I really hate thinking about this it always causes me to feel bad for myself because I had so many unanswered questions.