Chapter 1: A new start

Sofie (P.O.V)

As I awoke with sweat dripping down my face as my eyes readjusted to my surroundings as I looked around, I remembered that I was on my way to my new foster family in a small town called 'Haven'. My sixth foster home in 4 months, and I was hoping they wouldn't have me call them mom and dad. I remembered my recurring dream I’ve been having. Me letting my animal self come and go wild, I see it clearly now my snow white wolf and lion self free. As I was starting out  at a full out run, I saw but only trees passing me by and then whoosh in a instant  I was swooped away from my surrounds in a metal cage I was finding my self being tested on like I was some sort of test dummy. The only thing that was different about me from other wolves is that I have powers I could make fire appear, cause the ground to move, and change the weather in a blink of an eye.

All I could do was scream at the top of my lungs at the pain they were causing to me and my animal self. As, I sat there deep in thought the flight attendant asked me politely to put my seat belt on because the plane would be soon arriving at Haven. I nodded and fastened up hoping that my "new" family wouldn't turn out to be like the freak's I’ve been with before. Hopeing that maybe for once I could be "normal" for once in my life. I snickered at my own thought me being at least somewhat normal was impossible and never going to happen I was too different the only of my special kind well the only one I knew about.

I sat there remembering my parents, my mother and her soft blond hair and my father and his brown hair always in a smile till one day they were turned on by there own pack as I remember my dad had made me run off into the night and told me to never look back. Still in my shifting phase I did what I was told. I remember my 5 year old self running with a picture of my family and that was the last I ever saw of them. As, soon as I turned around I  found myself waiting for my parents but they never came I waited 2 years till Mrs. Stevens came and took me to the foster girls home. Angry at the world for leaving me alone Mrs. Steven and her kind smile made me almost wish that it was all but a dream that my parents had sent me off.

 I got adopted many times but always was sent back because of my suspicious behavior. If only they knew about my animal self maybe they would keep me but I thought against that they would only think of me as a monster. I thought of running away from the foster girls home to find my parents but I was always caught and taken back. I finally realized that if they really missed me they would come and get me back but that never happened and I was left with my heart sad and broken hating them with a passion.