Chapter 8

Jack's P.O.V.

There was a beautiful girl sleeping next to me on the plane. When I first saw her, I knew that she had a hard life. And when she waved to me, I saw cuts on her wrist. New cuts. Why would she do that to herself? She is so beautiful and she seems so sweet. She is a few years younger than me, but I wanted to get to know her, and maybe become a little more than friends with her...

I am watching some random movie on the screen, but I got bored quickly. I decided to take a picture of her to post on instagram. I took the selfie so that she was in it too. I posted it with the caption, "On the plane with @CuteAs_a_Button ! Go follow her and check out her YouTube channel!"

I also took her iPod from her hand and put my number in it. I put my contact name as Jack B :) . I texted myself from it so that I would have her iMessage. I don't know why she doesn't have a phone, but I guess it's not such a big deal. I got bored, so I played on Flappy Bird for a while. It's so addicting!

While she was sleeping, I pushed up her sleeve and looked at her wrist. I saw the cuts and wondered again why she would do that. She started to stir, so I pushed her sleeve back down and pretended to watch the movie. She didn't wake up, but she started to cry in her sleep. I decided that I should wake her. I shook her gently, and when she woke up, she looked so scared. She hugged me, as if I was protecting her, and maybe I was, from whatever was in her dream.

I hugged her and I didn't let go until she let go because I didn't know when she would be better. When she pulled away, she wiped her tears and whispered, "Thank you." That was the first time I actually heard her speak. Her voice is more beautiful in real life than in her videos.

I started to ask her questions about her life because I wanted to know more about her.

I asked, "How old are you?" Even though I already know the answer.

"Fourteen."

"When is your birthday?"

"August ninth."

"How long ago did you start making YouTube videos?"

"A little over a year."

"Why did you start making videos?"

"As a way to express myself and escape my life."

"Where are you from?"

"The East end of Manhattan."

"What are your parents like?"

She didn't reply to this one. She teared up and looked back out the window. She looked at me and looked down at her wrist because she thought I was looking the other way. I noticed, though, because I was watching out of the corner of my eye. I felt bad for asking that question. She was looking out the window again. I said her name. She didn't respond. I said it again, and she still didn't respond. I took her chin in my fingers and turned her head towards me. She had tears running down her face. I just wanted to kiss her and tell her that everything would be okay. But I didn't, so I just hugged her and rubbed her back.

I told her that she didn't have to tell me, now or later. She could tell me whenever she felt like it, but she didn't have to tell me ever. She let go and looked up at me. We both started to lean in, but then the loudspeaker crackled. We jumped and both blushed. I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!

"This is your captain speaking. We will be landing shortly, in about twenty minutes. Please return your seats to an upright position and buckle your seatbelts. Thank you for flying with American Airlines, and enjoy your stay in Florida."

We both blushed and looked away. I buckled my seatbelt, but before Evangeline Rosalie could buckle hers, the plane hit some major turbulence. She bounced up out of her seat and, of all places, she landed on my lap. She blushed and apologized and tried to get onto her seat, but I held her there. I wasn't incredibly strong, but she was so tiny that I was able to hold her in place. I was able to wrap my arms all the way around her, and I would probably be able to wrap them around her again. I held her tight so that she wouldn't bounce away again. I held her there for a while and we could see the airport from the window. She turned to me and started to say thank you, but I cut her off, took the chance, and kissed her. I don't know what came over me, but I didn't regret it. It was soft, but not needy. After a few seconds, she still wasn't kissing back. By then, the plane had landed. She pulled away and wiggled out of my grip. She got her carry on bag and ran off of the plane.

I was such an idiot. Why would I kiss her? Obviously we just met, and someone as perfect as her wouldn't kiss someone like me. I mentally slapped myself and I probably looked like an idiot to everyone else on the plane. I got up and grabbed my backpack. I needed to go find Eva Rose. Playlist gave me Louise's number, and we agreed that I was supposed to make sure that I didn't lose Eva Rose until we got to the hotel. I needed to find her and apologize to her. I also needed to make sure that she was okay and that she didn't hate me as much as I hate myself.

/////////////////////////////////////

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!! ILYSM!!!