Chapter 6

Eva Rose's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my obnoxious clock at half past four in the morning. I didn't want to make breakfast. I was sure that my father is going to beat me again, so I was scared. Truly, legitimately, genuinely scared.

I went to the kitchen and made breakfast the same as I always do. When father came in, he yanked me by my hair, slapped me, pushed me to the ground, and kicked me. Nothing that I wasn't used to. Then he told me to get him something for his hangover. I got him the aspirin and then I served his breakfast. I didn't make anything for myself except for a coffee.

My father didn't say anything while he was eating, so I took that as my cue to get ready for school. I went into my bathroom and pulled the blade along the skin on my wrist once for each time my father kicked me so far today. That resulted in seven new cuts up and down my arm. I also carved the word worthless into my arm with the blade.

As I was rolling my sleeve back down, I got called into the kitchen. My father told me something very exciting.

He said, "Evangeline, I am leaving after you are in school and I'm going away for the weekend. I will be back Sunday night. I want everything spotless and in order."

Little did he know that I was leaving tomorrow and never planning to come back.

I replied with, "Yes daddy. The house will be squeaky clean when you get back." HAHAHA nope.

I went back to my room to change and brush my teeth. I put on my sweater and leggings and grabbed my iPod, backpack, and penny board. I made sure that my laptop and camera were hidden. I heard dad in his room, so I went into the "beer money" drawer and took $400 more. There was A LOT of money in there, and he didn't know that I knew about the drawer, so he wouldn't suspect me of taking anything. I have about $800 saved up from taking from my dad and finding money, and combined with what I just took, I have around $1,200. If dad doesn't take all the money with him, then I will take more from him before I go. I put away the money that I had just taken, and then I left for school.

I got there and something new happened. I went into the ladies room to check that I hid the bruises well enough, and a girl who looked like a freshman, like me, came up to me an talked to me. And she wasn't being mean. She was complimenting me on how much she likes my videos. Then we took a selfie on her phone and went to our classes. It turns out that we have the exact same schedule. Her name is Summer and she is really cool. She is a little taller than me. I am 5 feet 2 inches tall and she is 5 feet 5 inches. Summer has blond hair and green eyes. She wears glasses, but they look good on her. I can't believe that I have to leave the very first friend that I'm making and I will never see her again. I gave her my iMessages account email/number thingy, and she gave me her phone number. I never actually intended to text her, though. It makes me kind of sad, but then I remembered that I am going to make so many new friends in Florida.

We went to our classes. At lunch, she invited me to come sit with her group of friends, but I said no because I like the garden. I just sat on the bench today and thought. I thought about the YouTubers that helped me get popular. Would they like me? Would they hate me? I wondered if Jack would try to talk to me on the plane and what I would say. Would Louise still want to share a room with me once she meets me in real life? Who will I hang out with all weekend? So many question. I need to stop this before I do something dumb.

*deep breath in; deep breath out*

Okay. I'm good. The bell just rang, signaling I need to go back to class.

The rest of the day went by quickly. I was able to go home with no fear of my dad being home. I didn't have to be scared of being beaten ever again because I will never see him again! Yay!

I started to do my homework, but then I realized, SCREW IT! I don't have to go back to school. Instead, I went over to the beer money drawer and looked in it. My dad is an idiot! He left about $2,800 dollars in it. I didn't even know that he had that much. But who cares?! I took it all, so now I have $4,000 to take with me and keep me fed and warm. I went looking through my dad's stuff to find my birth certificate and maybe a passport from when me, my mom, and him went to England a while back. I found both of those. I also found a box that said "For Evangeline Rosalie" on it. I opened it and there were necklaces and jewelry and baby items that were all so precious. I took all of these items, and a little plastic lock box to hold all of my money, to my stuff and packed it. By the time I was done packing everything I own, stuff for the warm and cold weather, I had one larger suitcase that had all of my clothes and the box that my mom left me, and a smaller carry-on with my makeup, my blades, my laptop, camera, iPod, electronics plugs and chargers, and some books. And the cash. All of this was surprisingly light to carry.

I planned on either riding my penny board to the airport while pulling my suitcase behind me (because it had wheels) and then putting the board in my carry on luggage, or putting it in my checked suitcase. It depends on how easy it is to pull a suitcase behind a penny board.

I pulled out my laptop and opened up my email. The Playlist Live guy, who I found out is named Jared, said he would email me the ticket and boarding pass to print out. I opened up the files, turned on the printer, and printed them out. I closed my laptop and put it back in the bag. I decided that I had some business to take care of.

I went into the kitchen and opened up the fridge. I took out everything that could make a mess, and I put it on the ground. I slashed the furniture in the living room. I poured caramel all over his laundry. I took the garbage and poured it in his bed. I opened the curtains in his room, letting in the sunlight, in and heating up the room, I closed the door, trapping the heat and the stench in the room, and I plugged any air gaps with towels. All of this was payback for the years of shit that my dad put me through.

All I have to do is sleep tonight, get up tomorrow to get on a plane, and then I'll never have to see (or smell) this place again.

That's chapter 6 guys! Let me know what you think and if you dislike anything about the story...I'm always open for suggestions:)