Stig and Missy

Third Person P.O.V

Now of course, as none of the Herons were of age, Cora and Jesper's wedding would have to wait a few years.

Meanwhile,  Missy had found a mysterious note on her bedroom door that morning.

Hey, meet me by the Heron at ten.

                                        -Stig

"I wonder what this is about..." she said to herself.

She got dressed, got some breakfast, and headed for where the Heron was moored, since it was ten till nine.

She looked around and didn't see Stig anywhere.

"Stig?" she asked tentatively.

"Missy, I-I didn't think you would come."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I dunno."

"Sooo, why did you want me to come?"

"Well... I... um... I was hoping we could spend the day... together.... if you don't have anything.... anything else to do.... I'll understand i-if you don't want to-"

"Of course I want to. That sounds perfect."

"O-ok."

"So what should we do first?"

Missy's P.O.V

It's actually kind of cute when he gets this nervous, because he only gets this way around me.

"So what should we do first?" I asked him.

He mumbled something that I couldn't understand.

"Stig, there's no need to be nervous. I think it is a very good idea."

"I was... um.... thinking of maybe.... uhh... a picnic, but of you don't like the suggestion...."

"Oh, come on! Who's the one who forced you to come on a picnic last year?"

"Oh... Right..."

"Silly. Come on, let's go get a picnic packed." I smiled, earning a small smile back.

Later that day, Stig and I were sitting on the beach having our picnic.

Something seemed to be bothering him, and I could tell.

I set a hand on his and squeezed it gently, smiling up at him as he glanced my way.

"Are you ok Stig?" I asked him.

He shifted uncomfortably before speaking.

"Well.... Um.... I..." he started,  messing with something in his pocket.

I had a pretty good feeling I knew what it was, especially when he took it out of his pocket and the light glinted off of it. It pretty much had to be a ring.

"Well.... I.... would... you..."

I put a finger to his lips with my free hand, the one that wasn't in his.

"Stig, if you're too nervous to propose,  don't. I don't want to rush things anyway. Besides, there is no reason to be nervous."

"I just thought that.... since Jesper proposed to Cora.... you would be expecting me to.... and I felt.... really bad..."

"There's no need to feel bad Stig. You aren't Jesper, and I'm not Cora. Plus, there are so many things that could happen between now, and the time we come of age."

"Now that you put it that way, that makes sense. I just wanted today to be perfect." he told me, stroking my cheek.

"It's perfect the way it is, I promise." I replied.

He kissed me, and then we headed back to town, hand kn hand.

______________

I have very bad news. this story is on hold until the next book comes out this summer.

please dont get mad, the herons are my bodyguards so you cant kill me, haha :p

bye bye, let me know what you think of it. this chapter is dedicated to @Spoonhater_27