Disgrace

Then we had to go up to the shrine of the Andomnal to be the guard.

Most of us fell asleep, except for the one on watch, and me. I couldn't sleep, so I crept away to a spot looking over the town, and I saw Hal leave.

What the hell was he thinking?

I saw a bunch of pirates heading up,  and I tried to stop them, but no one else would wake up, and I was stabbed once in the right thigh and once in each side and losing a lot of blood.

Hal came back, saw me, and yelled, waking everyone up, and they saw the Andomnal was gone.

And hour later my father was yelling at us. Once he told us our fate, he turned to me.

"You. I need to speak with you privately." he snarled.

He led me to his room.

"You should've woken the others. You're hopeless on your own,  and your hopeless any other time too, for that matter!" he yelled.

"I tried, and if I'm so hopeless, disown me." I stated.

"I will!"

"I hate you too, father."

"Out! Just go!"

Tears of anger were streaming down my face, and I hit him with the door on my way out.

I stormed up the hill to the shrine.

"I'm not taking this laying down. We are going after Zavac, come on. "  I ordered.

"Who died and put you in charge?" Wulf joked, and one look silenced him.

No one questioned me,  not even Hal and Missy. Ingvar carried my stuff since I was injured and limping

We were headed for the ship when Wulf got himself in trouble.

"Hey brilliant! Ever thought we might need supplies?" he asked.

Ulf and Jesper went to punch him, but saw me slowly turning.

"Where the hell do you think Hal and Thorn went, huh? Just no more questions, anyone." I said.

We all got on board, and Hal and Thorn caught up to us.

"Showing up your father and being a little rebellious now are we Cora?" Thorn teased,  but I wasn't in the mood.

"He is no longer my father. If he wants to disown me like he said he would, that is his choice." I replied angrily.

Thorn was taken aback.

"He disowned you? He has always been proud of you!"

"Just ask him! I'm hopeless!"

"He didn't mean it, Cora. He couldn't have. He didn't disown me!" Missy exclaimed.

"Yeah, well you haven't caused as many fights as I have."

No one said anything after that.

Jesper came to me while I was looking for a place for us to dock away from Halasholm.

He slipped his arms around my waist,  causing me to jump.

"Are you ok, Cora?"

"Yes.... No? I don't know."

"It'll be ok."

He rested his chin on my shoulder as I leaned back and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I hope so."