Setting off Again

A few days later, we headed for a town down the coast to get more supplies.

I was walking around the town with Ben, because Thorn had told me to find something that would cheer Ben up.

Jesper was helping Hal with supplies, but he promised to catch up to us.

"Cora, where we goin'?"

"You'll see."

"Is bubby coming too?"

"He said he will catch up with us."

"Okey-dokey."

As we were walking, I noticed that one of the townspeople had been following us for a while, so I stopped at a food stall because Benny was hungry anyway.

The guy stopped at the same stall!

"Good morning." he said.

Ben replied before I could.

"Mornin', even though I have no idea who you are!" The person grinned as I giggled slightly.

"I'm sorry, I am Sean(not Halt's nephew, im just using the name)."

"Well, I'm Ben, and this is Cora!" Ben wanted to do all the talking.

"Nice to meet you Sean." I said, shaking his hand.

"Likewise. What is a beautiful girl like you doing in a small town like this?"

"We're with the Skandian ship."

"What is a beautiful girl like you doing with a bunch of Skandians?"

"I am a Skandian."

"Oh really? You don't look like thw others."

"You might not want to flirt with her." Ben said. Sean turned a little pink at that.

"Well why not?"

"My bubby won't like that."

"Your bubby?"

"Ben's older brother is my best friend." I explained.

"Oh, ok." Sean replied.

"And bubby said he's gonna catch up to us, right Cora?"

"Yes Ben."

Suddenly,  Jesper came up beside me and set a hand on my shoulder,  causing me to jump.

"Gorlog's beard Jes! Don't do that!" I scolded him as he grinned at me.

"Who's this?" he asked, gesturing to Sean.

"I'm Sean."

"I'm Jesper,  nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

As they shook hands, I saw both of them tense up.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Sean, but we only have half an hour before we have to be back at our ship, so we really must be going." I said.

"Bye." Sean replied.

"Bye bye!" Ben giggled.

When we got out of earshot, Ben spoke again.

"I don't think Sean and bubby like each other,  do you Cora?"

"I think Jesper is just being over protective."

"Am not! Ok, maybe a little, but I didn't like the way he was looking at you!"

Third P.O.V

Sean was following them again, listening to the conversation.

"I don't think Sean and bubby like each other,  do you Cora?" he heard Ben say.

"I think Jesper is just being over protective." Cora replied.

"Am not! Ok, maybe a little, but I didn't like the way he was looking at you!" Jesper said defensively.

"Don't worry Jes, I'm just teasing. It's not like anything is going to happen between us. I hardly know him." Cora intertwined her fingers with his, and kissed his cheek.

Sean felt a pang of jealousy. They were obviously more than friends.

"You two are bein' mushy again!" Ben exclaimed.

"Sorry Benny." Cora said, dropping Jesper's hand and picking Ben up.

Cora's P.O.V

We got Ben stuff to draw with, and went back to the ship.

Ben finally let us hold hands, and long as he could be on my shoulders so he didn't have to walk.

"Where have you three been? You were supposed to be back ten minutes ago!" Thorn exclaimed.

"We had problems finding something Ben wanted. Sorry Thorn." I said softly.

"It's fine. We need to get on our way again."