The Ship Race and Night Attack

A few days later was the first time we would race our ships.

I couldn't wait.

The race had just begun, and of course we were in the lead.

"Seems like all is going well." Jesper grinned, standing beside me as I watched the other ships.

"So far so good." I smiled back, resting my hand on his.

Suddenly, I noticed something went wrong.

"Hal! The Wolves are sinking! They tried to follow us! Their mast broke and is dragging them under!" I exclaimed,  worried about my friends.

"Switch sails. We're going to help the Wolves. Time we payed them back for helping in that fight." Hal shouted.

When we got to their ship, most of us boarded to help clear the wreckage.

Rolland was angry.

"You know what Tursgud did when he saw us sinking? He laughed!" Rolland growled.

"Well, Bjorn wrenched his arm again, and two others are alive, but unconscious." Hal told him, once the wreckage was clear.

"Well, can I borrow three of your men so we can get back to sjore and begin repairs?"

"Sure. Ulf, Wulf! You're helping row this ship back to shore, stay here."

"Who's the third?"

"Cora, you should stay too."

"Ok Hal." I replied.

Once my fellow Herons left,  Ulf and Wulf were fighting about who would row on what side.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ulf left, Wulf right, and you best not try switching names on me! I'm not Hal, I won't tolerate it! I will kill you in your sleep." I shouted, causing all the Wolves to jump and Rolland and Bjorn to laugh.

When we got back to shore, the Wolves immediately began repairing their ship.

I went back to barracks, and Jesper was the only one there.

"Where is everyone?" I asked him, temporarily forgetting why I had been so nervous around him lately.

"I don't know," he replied, cupping my face in his hand. "But they said they wouldn't be back till later."

He was standing a little too close, and he was making me nervous.

"Jesper?" I asked softly.

He just stood there, with one hand on my cheek and one on my waist.

Suddenly, he moved his hand from my cheek to my waist.

"Jesper?" I repeated,  even softer.

He slipped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

We jumped apart when we heard the others outside. I went to the sectioned off part of the tent that was mine and Missy's. 

I fell asleep early that day, and evidentally,  Jesper came to check on me, just to find me fast asleep.

The next day was the night attack, and I couldn't wait.

Hopefully, I would get to punch Tursgud.

We were going to defend first, so Jesper was going to slip in the cabin unseen, and wait, so we could at least tie.

When the Sharks attacked, I tried to stop Tursgud, who had the token, and he tackled me. If Jesper had seen that, he'd kill him.