After ward

Third Person P.O.V

Halasholm

Svengal and the rest of Wolfwind's crew had just returned to Halasholm after the seige of Limmat.

Erak ran to the dock, and immediately took his former first mate inside.

"Did you find them? How are Cora and Missy? Does Cora hate me still?" he asked.

"Well, chief, yes, we found them. No, Cora does not hate you. Missy is fine. Cora, on the other hand..."

"What is wrong with her?"

"Well, she was stabbed in the thigh and side again, and took a posioned arrow an inch from her heart."

"WHAT?!?!?!"

"Young Jesper would hardly leave her side. The healer said she would be fine."

Svengal turned to Jesper's mother who had just entered, and to Karina.

"Hal, Jesper, and Ben are all fine."

The women left, and Svengal described the attack to Erak in full detail.

Cora's P.O.V

Several days later, I woke up in a tent, with Jesper beside me.

"Jesper... How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Almost a week, and thank goodness you woke up. I was starting to wonder. You should get some fresh air. I'll be with the others by the fire if you need me."

"Ok."

I went out of the tent and sat by a river near by.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and hid my face.

As soon as I had stood up, I had a pounding headache, so I was trying"; to get it to go away.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of small arms hug me.

"Hi Ben." I said softly.

"I missed you Cora."

"I know. Could you go back over to the others, cuz I have a headache."

"Okey-dokey."

I don't know how long I was sitting there, because I wasn't watching the position of the moon.

Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arms around me, and pull me closer. I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"My head hurts Jes." I said softly.

"I know." he whispered.

We just sat there for a while, and eventually he said we both should probably get some sleep, since everyone else was already sleeping.

"Ok Jes."

I let him help me up, and I got dizzy as soon as I stood. He slipped an arm around my waist to help me walk.

"Svengal probably told my dad, huh?"

"Probably."

"He started the heavy drinking because of me."

He abruptly stopped and turned to face me.

"I don't want you to ever think that all this is your fault."

"But it is. If I could have stopped them-"

"No! This is not your fault! The only fault is Zavac and his crew's!! If they had't tried to stolen the Andomnal, we would still be in Halasholm, and life would be almost perfect."

"Almost?"

"You might not have noticed, but we've grown so much closer on this journey. I am most definately greatful for that." he smiled.

He slipped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead on mine.

"So am I." I replied, smiling as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He kissed me, and it was about five minutes before....

"EWWW!!!" yelled Lili.

"Lili!" Lydia scolded as Jesper and I both blushed badly, because he had been wrong. Everyone was awake.

I went back to the river, and  Jesper brought me some food, which I accepted greatfully.

"You need the food cuz you are waaay too skinny." he grinned.

"Ok."

"You really do have a bad headache, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"I looked up at him, and found him staring at me.

Our eyes met, and we both kind of just stopped.

"You're beautiful." he said softly.

"If you say so."

"I do."

He kissed me again, and for some reason, the only thing I could think of was if my father would approve of him or not.