CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; THEN EVERYTHING WENT BLACK.

Lexi’s pov.

A week has past, Alex would hardly talk to me, I expected her to be a bit confused at first but I never thought she would ignore me completely.

Today was Thursday I thought we would have at least talked things through by now but she doesn’t want to talk to me. I tried last night but it didn’t work.

She would just look at me and then look away. I felt empty, I had lost my best friend over the fact that I was a freak, I wasn’t normal. I couldn’t even talk to Jarred I didn’t have a number for him.

“Lexi?” I thought I heard Alex ask, but it must have been my imagination because I know she isn’t talking to me right now.

“ALEXIS MELISA KNIGHT!” Alex called again, but this time I was sure it was her.

“You’re talking to me?” I asked, shocked at the fact that she was talking to me now.

“Yeah, I’m sorry I ignored you I was just trying to get my head around what you said. It’s a lot to take in. Sorry.” She gave me a weak smile and shrugged her shoulders.

I instantly felt bad about telling her, I shouldn’t have uploaded such a load on her. It was a lot to take it; I told her I was a witch. Any normal person would be freaked out.

“I’m sorry Alex, I should never have told you...”

“YES! I’m glad you told me, we are best friends, and we should know everything about each other. I just needed to think.”

I smiled a small hopeful smile. Alex was letting me back into her life; I don’t care if she didn’t believe me. I don’t care if she thought I was crazy. My best friend was my best friend once again.

“I just need to know.” She said, she sounded strained, like this was hurting her.

“Know?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I want to know everything. I want to know everything about you being a witch.” I smiled; at least she didn’t know I was crazy.

“I promise I will tell you everything, wait... I’ll get my mum to tell you, come on!” I grabbed her hand and pulled her up to our bedroom.

For the past week, this room has just felt like a room. But now, now it finally feels like a bedroom again.

“Lexi, are you crazy?” I turned back around to look at a smiling Alex.

“No, well not anymore crazier than I always have been, why?” I asked her, smiling and wrapping my arms around her.

I am just so happy to have my best friend back, I missed her, even for the few days we were apart.

“Lexi, I love you too but I need to breathe!” She shouted in my ear, normally I would shout at her and pull away but I just pulled her closer.

“I missed you so much Alex, I felt like my life was over. It’s crazy I never knew I relied on you so much, you are my best friend. Promise me you are still my best friend?” I asked, practically begging her at the end.

She chuckled, a light care free chuckle.

“Yes Lexi, I am still your best friend. I just needed to think, I admit I reacted wrong but I just needed to think.” I pulled out of the hug and started laughing too.

“Let’s agree to never argue or whatever this was again!” I held out my pinkie, forcing her to make a pinkie promise.

Alex thinks they are childish and silly, but she still does them, for me.