CHAPTER TWO; NOW OR NEVER.

Lexi’s pov.

After my friends spent about five minutes laughing at me, we left. We went to get some food. I was starving; I had skipped tea last night because I just didn’t feel hungry. Really regretting that decision now.

We walked across the hall from the common room and into the dining hall, there were tables spread across the hall. Round tables, 8 people could sit at a table. We always had one empty; no one tries to sit with us. I don’t know if it is because they are scared of us or just don’t want to intrude on our friendship group. Whatever the reason is, I’m grateful for it. There was an empty table in the corner, Jace, Nate and Chris went and sat down. Us girls went and queued up, like we always do. When it was our time to order we didn’t even have to tell Sam what we wanted, he already knew. Sam is the guy who works behind the counter; he is 22 and rather attractive. He went to school here and couldn’t find a job, so he got stuck back here. I feel sorry for him but he doesn’t seem too bothered about it. He likes the attention he gets from the girls; he has asked nearly every girl out. Even me, I of course turned him down. I value our friendship far too much. If you could call what we have a friendship. I guess you could, we talk every day. Mainly because I order my food here every day…

“Lexi, are you coming or are you going to stand there all day?” I zoned out again, really? I need to get this whole thinking thing under control. I just have a lot on my mind lately. What with my parents and school.

“Yeah I am coming. Bye Sam” I smiled and waved at Sam as I walked over to join the rest of my friends. I sat down and Nate started laughing. “Would you like to share what is so funny, Nathan?” I asked putting on a fake stern look and pretending to be mad. I wasn’t.

“That guy is so in love with you, I’m surprised you can’t see it. Why don’t you go out with him?”

“Him? No way is Lexi going out with him. He can’t even get a proper job, he had to come back to school and work in the café. Nope. I’m sorry Lexi, I won’t allow it!” I smiled at Jace; he was so over protective, it was cute.

“Don’t worry Jace, I don’t like him. He is a player.” Jace smiled back at me, no one was good enough or me according to him. It was kind of funny, I can’t wait for the day for to find someone for me he approves of. I wonder what he would look like?

“Come on, let’s go to class. Today needs to end soon.” I laughed, trust Alex to be ready for the day to end before it has even started. I got out of my seat and followed Alex to our first class. We had English first, I liked English. It was a good class but the teacher wasn’t the best. He liked to flirt with some of the girls which Is completely inappropriate but no one has reported him because he is young. And extremely good looking. Alex and I sit in the back of the class, it’s not because we want to talk and mess around for the whole class, it because all the slutty girls like to sit at the front and stick their chests in our teachers face.

“Good morning everyone, I hope you had a good weekend but it’s time to start learning once again.” All the girls giggled at his little joke, it wasn’t even remotely funny. Mr. Walker looked around the room, making sure everyone was here. We had a small class, 17 students at the most. The school thinks it’s a good idea to have quite small classes, so the students and teachers can have a good relationship. Also so students with the same abilities can be place together. I have to agree it is a good idea, it’s just a bit boring being in a small class sometimes.

I zoned out for most of the lesson, I always do. I get what we had to do from Alex then I attempt it on my own on the night. It’s easier that way, I shouldn’t be in this class, I am so much smarted but Alex and I wanted to always be together so we both pretend to be dumber than we actually are just so we aren’t with all the annoyingly smart people.