CHAPTER FIVE; I HAVE TO MARRY HIM!

WE JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKYOU TO PINKABELE FOR THE GORGEOUS COVER SHE MADE US, IT IS AMAZING!! WE COULDNT HAVE IMAGINED IT ANY BETTER, THANKYOU SO MUCH <3

Lexi’s pov.

We walked around the centre for a while; I hadn’t seen any jeans I liked yet. My mother and father were still holding hands,

“Hey Princess, do you want to stop and get something to eat?” I was really hungry; I was just about to answer my father when my stomach grumbled. I looked down and I could hear my mother laughing.

“I guess that answers that. Come on sweetie.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a star bucks, we walked in and my parents ordered some sort of fancy coffee. I had a hot chocolate and a chocolate doughnut; I like chocolate! We sat at one of the tables at the back; I sat opposite them once again.

“You haven’t bought anything yet Princess, have you not seen anything you have liked?” truth is, I have seen loads I like but I hardly have enough money for a pair of jeans so I can’t just buy anything I like.

“Yeah I have, money is just a little tight right now, so I was just going to try and get the jeans.” I smiled and took another bite out of my doughnut. I could hear my father laughing; I looked up at him with a puzzled look?

“Princess, you aren’t buying anything today. I’m paying for it all, it’s the least I could do. Plus I want to spoil my only daughter.” I smiled at him, a genuine smile. I haven’t had a proper shopping trip in a long time; money has always been a bit tight so I would just buy what I needed.

“Thank you!” I was so happy, I quickly finished my doughnut and my hot chocolate. My parents were still laughing at me, but they followed suit and finished their drinks.

Once we had finished our drinks we left star bucks and went back around the centre. My father said we could start at the beginning again, so I could purchase the things I like. He said there was no limit, and he stayed true to his words, I bought at least one item in every shop.

It got to about 4:00pm and I could see that my mother was getting tired by the way she was leaning on my father for support. Maybe she is ill and that is why they wanted me to come home, to say goodbye. I could feel a tear sliding down my cheek. What is wrong with my mother? She may have abandoned me, I may have hated her for a while but I never, ever wanted her to die.

“Princess, why are you crying?” my father’s face was full of concern.

“What’s wrong with mum?” my voice broke at the end of my sentence, that was the first time I have called my mother ‘mum’ in five years.

“Did you just call me ‘mum’ and not ‘mother’?” my mum’s voice was weak but I could still hear how happy she was.

“Yes… mum, please don’t die, I’m sorry I as a bad daughter and you had to send me away. I’m sorry I ruined everything, I wish I could take back whatever it was I did, I wish we could be a family again.” I was in my mum’s arms now, crying my eyes out. People were stopping and starring, I couldn’t care less right now. I missed my mum; I never wanted her to let me go.

“Come girls, let’s go back to the car and we can talk about this at home.” My father looked down at me, he looked happy and hurt at the same time.

“What’s wrong dad?” the hurt suddenly disappeared from his face, a tear slowly rolled down his cheek.

“You don’t know how long I have waited to hear you call me that.” My dad lifted me off of the ground and pulled me into a back breaking hug.

“Dad… can’t… breathe…” I struggled to get my words out.

My dad let me go and took my hand in his, I was on his left side and my mum was on his right. We were finally a family once again.