CHAPTER TWENTY; STARTING TO REGRET THIS MARRIAGE.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I have been toying with this idea for a few days, I think I like it and want it in the story but I'm not too sure how you readers are going to react.

Leave a comment and let me know if you think this chapter is good for the story!

First person to leave a comment will get the next chapter dedicated to them :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarred’s pov.

“I love you Lexi!”

“I love you too Alex!”

“Hell yes! I always wanted to see you two get at it, can we watch please!” Caleb and I had just walked into the living room of Lexi’s house; Daniel let us into the house. I think they were happy that Lexi and I were getting on but I also think Daniel hated the idea that I was stealing their daughter away from them not long after they had got her back.

But it wasn’t my fault that they ignored her for the five years she was in school, I didn’t make them, I thought it was a bad idea, by pushing her away that would only make things worse, but that was their idea. It was my idea for her to go to the school, she needed to be somewhere else, somewhere where the wolves would never find her, we all just wanted her safe.

“That is disgusting Caleb! Plus don’t you think if Alex and I were going to hook up, we would have done it already?” I couldn’t help but smile a little when Lexi said that, no one ever really talked back to Caleb, he wasn’t used to being told no. Being the next in line to throne, he got everything he ever wanted, and with Lexi being Queen, they are definitely going to clash.

“You ruin all of me fun Lexi, not cool!” Caleb smirked at Lexi, even though I knew it was killing him to be told no he brushed it off, that is one of the reasons he is my best friend.

Caleb walked over to Alex and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her full on the lips.

I could see that Lexi was in a world of her own, so I tip toed over towards her and wrapped my arms around her from behind, having her body flush against mine affected me in so many ways. I just wanted to make her mine, but I know we had to wait, probably until our wedding night, that is if we get married.

“Hey.” My voice came out huskier than I intended, but by the way Lexi’s body sunk into mine, I knew she liked it.

“Hey! How was your week?” I smiled at how she knew it was me straight away.

“It was horrible! I missed you so much, longest week of my life!” I sighed, kissing her forehead. Biting her lip she span around to face me and place a chaste kiss on my lips.

Twenty minutes later we were sitting on the sofa, Lexi had her head resting on my shoulder, the temptation to reach out and kiss her was so strong, but I know I had to slow things down. Lexi hadn’t said she accepted the marriage yet, so I don’t want to rush things and push her away when she is just getting used to the idea of being my wife.

My wife.

Just thinking about Lexi being my wife makes my heart beat a little faster, and I know being a vampire my heart doesn’t actually beat, I’m the living dead, but she had that affect on me.

Caleb had been pulled upstairs by Alex not long after we had entered the room, I knew exactly what they were doing, if having super hearing wasn’t enough, Caleb boasting about it to me let me know I was right.

“What’s on your mind Lex?” I could tell she was in a world of her own, and I didn’t want to lose her, so I asked her the first question that I could come up with

“You.” Her simple one word answer set my mind in over drive, the thoughts I was thinking that she could be thinking, they were more than likely wrong but my imagination definitely got to work then.

“Me? What about me?” I kissed her temple, trying not to push her but desperately needing the contact. She bent her head up to face me and left a long lingering kiss on my lips, apart from the kiss in her bedroom last weekend, we have only had small kisses, not that I was complaining I’ll take what I’m given.

 “I know hardly anything about you, and I know you are hiding something, I won’t be mad I promise, just please tell me?” Lexi raised her head to look at me, her eyes searching mine, begging me to tell her. Should I?

I must have opened and closed my mouth about seven times before I managed to force a word out.

“Lex, I’m not sure if that’s a good idea, your parents…”

“Have already controlled the rest of my life.” Ouch. “But in a way I’m grateful, I have you now, but I just want you to be honest with me and not hide any secrets, how can I marry someone who hides things from me?” She was killing me that last sentence did it for me, if telling her the truth would make her more likely to marry me then the truth is what I would tell her.

“Alexis, you have to promise me something before I tell you, don’t run and don’t hate me. What I am about to tell you is probably going to make you incredibly mad, and I am so sorry about that. But you have to know I love you and I will do anything to get you back, I made a promise to protect you. So if you do run, I won’t be far behind you, I will marry you, you’re my world.” She just nodded her head at me, telling me to carry on, I could tell she was trying to digest the amount of information I had just off loaded on her.

I was trying to think of a way I could tell her without telling her too much; I wanted to slowly ease her into all of this. But after I thought about it for a while, I realized that beating around the bush would get me nowhere, it would probably just make her madder at me. So I decided to just tell her.

“Lexi, I’m a vampire.” She starred at me for a minute or two before bursting out laughing, this was the first time I had heard to laugh this hard, it was a shame it was when I told her the truth about me.

“Haha that was a good one Jarred, but seriously, what are you hiding?” She had a big smile on her face, it hurt that she thought the truth about my life was a joke.

“That was the truth, why is that so funny?” She just stared at me again, her eyes searching mine, her forehead creasing as she was thinking hard.

“A vampire? Seriously, that is so… So… So unrealistic, so you kill humans and suck their blood?” Her voice was coated with a thick layer of sarcasm, and I was starting to get mad.

“Yes I suck blood, but I don’t kill humans not anymore. Why is me being a vampire so absurd, you are a witch after all. A queen witch!” Her mouth hung open, her eyes as wide as saucers.

“You knew?” She whispered, you could tell those two words held so much for her.

“I saved you Lexi, I knew what you were when you were twelve which was why I arranged this marriage I wanted to be a king. I was young and didn’t think things through, I wanted power and I didn’t care about who I had to use to get that. I know it was only five years ago but then I watched you grow up, and you turned into this amazing young woman and day by day I fell in love with you. It made me realize that there is more to life than power, I have been alone for so long, I had Caleb’s family but they weren’t really family, I had forgot what it really meant to love, but you changed that, you made me the man I always wanted to be. You made me better. You made me, me.”

“Saved me from what?” She asked, her eyes not leaving mine.

“Those horrid wolves, they attacked you when you were twelve, not long before you went away to school.”

Lexi started pinching her arm, I watched in confusion until she started leaving marks, marks where she had pinched her arm so hard. I could see bruises forming and I was starting to worry.

“What are you doing Lexi?” I asked, grabbing her hands and placing them in mine.

“Trying to wake up, this is all a dream, you aren’t a vampire, I’m not a witch and I don’t know you.”

That did it for me; I couldn’t be in the same room as her anymore I just needed to get out before I did something I regretted later.

“I have to go.” With that I got up and slammed the house door, I honestly think I was starting to regret this marriage.