CHAPTER THIRTEEN; I WILL MAKE SURE OF IT.

Jarred's pov.

I was sitting in the diner with Caleb just waiting for Alex and Lexi to arrive. I knew I should have driven them but I wanted it to be a surprise.

Lexi's mum had told me that when she was little she had always wanted to eat at a fifties style diner, I didn't know if she had already been to one but I was going to take her to one today. On our first date; which both of our best friends will be attending?

"Dude, what's wrong?" I hate it when Caleb calls me dude, but I can't argue with him.

"I'm just worried, what if they don't show up? Alexis hates me." Yeah, I call her Alexis but when I think about her I refer to her as Lexi.

"Jarred, they are going to show up, I know they will."

"How can you be so sure Caleb? You have never met them."

"Dude, I am a royal, I know things." I hate it when he uses that against me,

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

I took a sip from my drink, it was only water.

I heard the bell on the door ding, I knew it was Alex and Lexi, I could hear them talking to Henry. I don't like that guy, I don't like the way he looks at Lexi.

"There's Jarred Lexi, I wonder who his friend is?" I could hear how happy Alex was, I didn't want Alex and Caleb to be here on our first date. But I figured it would be the only way I would be able to get Lexi to come.

"Hello Alexis, Alex." I got up from the bench I was sat on and walked over to them. Lexi had ripped jeans and a sea blue top on; I am starting to believe that her favourite colour is blue.

"Hey Jarred, where's your friend?" I looked back at the table I was just sat at,

"There," I pointed at the table and Alex looked around me.

She smiled at me and then winked at Lexi. At least two of us are going to have a good night. "You look lovely Alexis."

"Thank you Jarred, but please stop calling me Alexis, I prefer Lexi." I smiled and nodded my head.

Alexis walked over to the table and I followed her. Alex had taken the seat next to Caleb, meaning I got to sit next to Alexis.

Alex and Caleb were getting along great, they were flirting like there was no tomorrow. It was quite amusing, I only wished me and Lexi could act like that, even for a second. I looked over at Alexis to see her staring at me, I smiled at her and she blushed.

For once she wasn't acting as if I was the person she hated most, even if this only lasted for tonight it was the best thing ever.

"So how was your day Lexi?" I rested my arms on the table, millimeters away from hers.

"It was boring as usual, but I guess school always is. What about you? What did you do today?" she was having a real conversation with me? If this is a dream I don't ever want to wake up!

"My day was okay, I was just at work."

"Work? What do you work as?" I couldn't exactly tell her the truth. I work for the Vampire King; I am one of his best fighters. Not exactly what you talk about on the first date.

"I work for my foster fathers business."

"Yeah, he works for my dad." Caleb butted in,

"Wait, you two are brothers?" Alex was shocked, I could see her looking from me, to Lexi, to Caleb and then to me again.

"No, not technically. His parents adopted me when I was younger, my parents died in a tragic accident." I didn't really sound upset about what I just said, I should but it happened so long ago I have sort of got over it now, I miss them like mad but no amount of emotions is going to bring them back.